Resident Senior Program Manager for Civic Organizing
National Democratic Institute
About the organization
The National Democratic Institute is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, nongovernmental organization that has supported democratic institutions and practices in every region of the world for more than three decades.Since its founding in 1983, NDI and its local partners have worked to establish and strengthen political and civic organizations, safeguard elections, and promote citizen participation, openness and accountability in government.
Resident Senior Program Manager for Civic Organizing: Myanmar
The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) seeks a Resident Senior Program Manager to manage a forthcoming DFID-funded program to encourage and support deepening horizontal and vertical linkages among civic organizations and activists in Myanmar. Based in NDI's Yangon office with significant travel to other parts of the country, s/he will contribute technical expertise to, and manage the day-to-day implementation of a multi-year civic engagement project. This position reports to the NDI Myanmar Resident Sr. Director and coordinates closely with the NDI Myanmar Resident Program Director.
The ideal candidate has progressively responsible experience 1) managing DFID-funded civil society development programming, and 2) training and advising local partners on civic and community organizing, organizational development, advocacy, and change management.
• Contribute to program design and manage the day-to-day implementation of programming focused on advocacy and civic organizing at local levels Help local staff and program participants to deepen their understanding of the variety of tools and strategies that can be employed to build citizen movements and influence decision making. This should include employing both community organizing, traditional advocacy methodologies, as well as innovative approaches that incorporate technology and leverage social and broadcast media
• Guide and motivate participants through a program that emphasizes process and seeks to build a collaborative approach to collective action
• In collaboration with the Resident Sr. Director (Chief of Party) and coordination with the Civil Society Program leader, manage in-country civic forum program staff structure and individual performance, evaluation, promotion/discipline
• Coordinate program partnership with international and local partners to ensure streamlined, effective programming; special emphasis on coordination with and maximizing resources available from DFID funded grantees in locations where NDI implements its civic forum programming.
• Undergraduate degree in a field of study related to political science, international relations, public policy, international development or a related field preferred; Additional years of relevant work experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a one-for-one basis
• A minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in citizen engagement, organizing, and advocacy, particularly at the municipal/local level
NDI welcomes and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. As such, our commitment is to promote equal employment opportunities (EEO) for all applicants seeking employment and NDI employees.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/zxyy3hj8ntgs2qp8
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job