Resident Senior Program Manager for Civic Organizing, Kyrgyzstan
National Democratic Institute
About the organization
NDI's success is a result of the passion, ingenuity, and commitment of our employees worldwide. Our staff of approximately 1,200 works with people across the globe to support and strengthen democratic institutions and practices - helping citizens to monitor their elections; training youth and women to take their first political steps; and assisting parliaments, political parties and civic organizations to instill more transparency and accountability in government.
• Contribute to program design and manage day-to-day implementation of programming focused on advocacy and civic organizing at local and national levels
• In collaboration with the Resident Director (Chief of Party), manage in-country program staff structure and individual performance, evaluation, promotion/discipline
• Coordinate program partnership with international and local partners to ensure streamlined, effective programming
• Liaise regularly with USAID's Kyrgyzstan Mission to ensure compliance with operational and reporting requirements and achievement of programmatic goals
• In collaboration with the Resident Director (Chief of Party), provide technical expertise to in-country staff as well as local and international partners to advance programmatic goals
• Undergraduate degree in a field of study related to political science, international relations, public policy, international development or a related field preferred; Additional years of relevant work experience may be substituted for educational requirement on a one-for-one basis
• A minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in citizen engagement, organizing and advocacy, particularly at the municipal/local level
• Strong practitioner command of effective tools and approaches for fostering citizen engagement and oversight, civic participation of traditionally marginalized groups and organizational capacity development of civil society groups
• Experience working in environments where concepts of collective action and responsive government are weak and trust of political processes is low
• Experience using public opinion research to guide program and messaging approaches
• Familiarity with adult education practices and incentives; ability to develop formal curricula and training materials
NDI welcomes and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. As such, our commitment is to promote equal employment opportunities (EEO) for all applicants seeking employment and NDI employees. NDI makes employment decisions based on organizational needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, personal appearance, military status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, political affiliation, educational status, unemployment status, place of residence or business, source of income, or reproductive health decision making. Additionally, harassment or discrimination based on these characteristics will not be tolerated at NDI. To perform the essential functions of this position, reasonable accommodations are available to qualified individuals with disabilities and qualified individuals who have limitations due to pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or medical related condition.
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job