Resident Senior Director: Libya
National Democratic Institute
Resident Senior Director: Libya
The National Democratic Institute (NDI) is seeking a Resident Director with strong political acumen and management skills as well as experience with legislative development, civil society advocacy support, elections programming and/or political party experience to provide direction and oversee the implementation of its democracy support programs in Libya. The Resident Senior Director in Libya reports to NDI's Regional Director for the Middle East and North Africa (MENA). This position is currently based in Tunis, Tunisia but may require travel to Libya if security context and travel regulations permit. This position is contingent upon donor approval of key personnel.
This position is being advertised at both the Resident Senior Director and Resident Director level. The most qualified candidate will be hired into the appropriate level based on his/her experience.
The Senior Director will provide leadership and oversight to a team of talented and experienced national and international staff based in Libya and Tunisia. S/he will be NDI's principal liaison with the donor community, representatives from the Libyan government, local political and civil society organizations and the international diplomatic and donor community.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in Political Science, Public Policy, Public Administration, or related subject
• A minimum of twenty (20) years of substantive professional experience primarily in a political field, with experience working to expand women's political participation, enhance political party and parliamentary capacity, and/or bolster civil society involvement in political processes
• Experience in program management, with experience implementing U.S. government-funded programs strongly preferred
• Experience working in conflict environments and post-conflict transitions preferred
• Proven capacity to meet program goals while managing financial, administrative, and security responsibilities
• Demonstrated ability to conduct and apply sophisticated political analysis to political developments and programmatic activities
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with senior political and civic leaders as well as members of the donor and diplomatic community
• Oral and written English skills required
• Oral and written Arabic capacity a plus
• Experience with Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Google Drive, G+, etc.) strongly desired
NDI is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/z1qK55CEkJ5PI2WXcbYqG
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job