Resident Director/SAFLI Hindi (South Asian Flagship Language Initiative)
About the organization
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are core to the mission and vision of American Councils as an international organization working to empower individuals and institutions to address challenges in a diverse and interconnected world. In 1974, American Councils developed the first exchanges between scholars from the former Soviet Union and the US. Today, we support collaborative education with some of the world's most strategically important nations and regions.
Our programs work to build mutual understanding through cross-cultural learning and communication that values cultural diversity and reflection. Through these processes, our participants grow, and their understanding of the world deepens. The nature of our work uniquely provides us opportunities to grow as an organization, as we seek to understand and expand the diversity of perspectives, opinions, and backgrounds among program participants and staff members., opinions, and backgrounds among program participants and staff members.
Serve as the local liaison between American Councils and the host institute administration as directed to ensure that the academic program proceeds as agreed;
• Monitor participants’ academic performance, health, safety, and promptly communicate significant issues to American Councils’ and host institution staff;
• Coordinate health care for participants and intervene on behalf of participants as necessary;
• Enforce policies regarding terms and conditions of program participation;
• Coordinate host country program logistics, including cultural excursions and related travel, and communicate logistical details to DC-based staff;
• Submit weekly written updates to American Councils in Washington, D.C.;
• Coordinate with the host institution to coordinate peer tutors/conversation partners;
• Submit a final report, program grades, and test scores within two weeks of program conclusion;
• Manage program finances and submit monthly expense reports accounting for all program expenditures;
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
Demonstrated Advanced level or higher oral proficiency in Hindi;
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in relevant language or area studies or equivalent;
• Study, work, or extensive travel experience in India or Hindi-speaking countries;
• Experience overseeing and guiding groups;
• Demonstrated skills in academic and personal counseling;
• Demonstrated skills in general financial accountability.
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job