Resident Director: Libya
National Democratic Institute
Job Function: International
Department: Middle East & North Africa
Resident Director : Libya
The National Democratic Institute (NDI) is seeking a Resident Director with strong political acumen and management skills as well as experience with legislative development, civil society advocacy support, elections programming and/or political party experience to provide direction and oversee the implementation of its democracy support programs in Libya. The Resident Director in Libya reports to NDI's Regional Director for the Middle East and North Africa (MENA). This position is currently based in Tunis, Tunisia but may require travel to Libya if security context and travel regulations permit. This position is contingent upon donor approval of key personnel.
• Provide overall leadership and vision for the design and implementation of NDI's programs in Libya with the support of resident national staff, expatriate staff, short-term consultants and trainers, and in coordination with NDI staff in Washington, DC
• Establish and maintain strong working relations with the donor and diplomatic communities, international organizations, and in-country partners, including political and elected officials and local civic organizations
• Manage frequent external and internal communication to produce high-quality program reports and effectively coordinate program activities
Required Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in Political Science, Public Policy, Public Administration, or related subject
• A minimum of fourteen (14) years of substantive professional experience primarily in a political field, with experience working to expand women's political participation, enhance political party and parliamentary capacity, and/or bolster civil society involvement in political processes
• Experience in program management, with experience implementing U.S. government-funded programs strongly preferred
• Experience working in conflict environments and post-conflict transitions preferred
• Proven capacity to meet program goals while managing financial, administrative, and security responsibilities
NDI is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). As such, NDI makes employment decisions and provides equal employment opportunity without regard to an applicant's or employee's race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state and local laws. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please notify NDI's Human Resources department.
To apply please visit our website at www.ndi.org/careers .
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/8O1BnxSy6oOKI8QAUweW4
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job