Resident Director: Ethiopia
National Democratic Institute
About the organization
The National Democratic Institute is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, nongovernmental organization that has supported democratic institutions and practices in every region of the world for more than three decades.
Resident Director: Ethiopia
The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) seeks a Resident Director with excellent management skills and extensive experience leading high-level program support in transition environments. The Resident Director will advise political leaders and government officials to encourage inclusive and responsive participation in political and electoral processes; coordinate technical assistance to civic organizations on evidence based election observation methodologies, oversee implementation of research and public surveys in complex political environments, and provide leadership to a team of expatriate and local staff. This position works closely with Washington-based management who provide overall strategic guidance and support for field activities. The Resident Director reports to the Regional Director for Southern and East Africa and in coordination with headquarters based program staff. The position is based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, and will require occasional travel within the country.
• Provide high-level leadership of all country programs and coordinate day -to-day activity implementation and operations
• Ensure collaborative leadership and oversight of country team, ensuring accountability in the execution program activities and management of field operations and local staff based on established institutional procedures, local laws, donor regulations and best practice
• Bachelor's degree, in international relations or related field. Additional years of relevant work experience may be substituted for educational requirement on a one-for-one basis
• A minimum of fourteen (14) years program management experience overseeing international development programs, preferably in the field of democracy and governance, and at least five in a senior leadership role
• Substantial work experience in multiple disciplines of democracy development, including elections knowledge (required), and civic education, civic engagement and/or civil society development (desired), preferably in Africa
• Substantial experience overseeing and implementing programs, managing staff, and ensuring compliance with financial regulations, and operations and human resources, including experience in overseeing sub-grants to local partners
• Experience with managing USAID funding projects
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with and build relationships with senior political and civic leaders, U.S. and foreign government personnel and policy makers, and members of donor organizations
NDI welcomes and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. As such, our commitment is to promote equal employment opportunities (EEO) for all applicants seeking employment and NDI employees.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/gy626f8d64977q3b
Apply Online: http://www.Click2Apply.net/gy626f8d64977q3b
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job