Resident Country Director - Lebanon
National Democratic Institute
About the organization
The National Democratic Institute is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, nongovernmental organization working to support and strengthen democratic institutions worldwide through citizen participation, openness and accountability in government.
Since its founding in 1983, NDI has worked with local partners in 156 countries and territories, bringing together individuals and groups to share ideas, knowledge, experiences and expertise. Partners receive broad exposure to best practices in international democratic development that can be adapted to the needs of their own countries. NDI’s multinational approach reinforces the message that while there is no single democratic model, certain core principles are shared by all democracies.
• Provide overall leadership and vision for the design and implementation of NDI's programs in Lebanon with the support of resident national staff and in coordination with NDI staff in Washington, DC
• Establish and maintain strong working relations with the donor and diplomatic communities, international organizations, and in-country partners, including political and elected officials and local civic organizations
• Manage frequent external and internal communication to produce high-quality program reports and effectively coordinate program activities
• Manage the successful implementation of NDI program activities, including evaluation and reporting
• Lead donor engagement and fundraising efforts for new programs
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in Political Science, Public Policy, Public Administration, or related subject
• A minimum of ten (10) years of total experience primarily in a political field, with experience working to expand youth political participation, enhance political party and parliamentary capacity, and/or bolster civil society involvement in open governance reforms
• Experience in program management, with experience implementing U.S. government-funded programs preferred
• Proven capacity to meet program goals while managing financial, administrative, and security responsibilities
• Proven ability to effectively communicate skills and experiences to others as an advisor and/or trainer
To apply please visit our website at www.ndi.org/careers .
NDI welcomes and supports a diverse, inclusivework environment. As such, our commitment is to promote equal employment opportunities (EEO) for all applicants seeking employment and NDI employees. NDI makes employment decisions based on organizational needs,jobrequirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, personal appearance, military status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, political affiliation, educational status, unemployment status, place of residence or business, source of income, or reproductive health decision making. Additionally, harassment or discrimination based on these characteristics will not be tolerated at NDI. To perform the essential functions of thisposition, reasonable accommodations are available to qualified individuals with disabilities and qualified individuals who have limitations due to pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or medical related condition.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/hr8ytk2mgsc5hgpp
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job