Resident Country Director: Haiti
National Democratic Institute
About the organization
The National Democratic Institute is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, nongovernmental organization working to support and strengthen democratic institutions worldwide through citizen participation, openness and accountability in government.
Since its founding in 1983, NDI has worked with local partners in 156 countries and territories, bringing together individuals and groups to share ideas, knowledge, experiences and expertise. Partners receive broad exposure to best practices in international democratic development that can be adapted to the needs of their own countries. NDI’s multinational approach reinforces the message that while there is no single democratic model, certain core principles are shared by all democracies.
Resident Country Director: Haiti
The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) seeks a Resident Director with strong political party, parliamentary, women and youth political participation program experience, as well as excellent program and staff management skills to oversee the implementation of NDI's programs in Haiti, including overall office management and financial and human resources issues.
• Manage all aspects of the implementation of NDI's programs in Haiti
• Forge and maintain collaborative relationships with Haitian civic groups, the Haitian government, members of parliament, political parties, and representatives of the US government and other members of the international community
• Oversee and manage all program activities for the NDI office
• Provide oversight and review of the in-country budget and the timely and accurate submission of a monthly financial reconciliation to the Washington, DC office. Make programmatic adjustments as necessary throughout the implementation cycle to stay on budget
• Monitor, measure and provide oral and written reports of program results and political developments in Haiti affecting democratic governance
• Bachelor degree, preferably in international relations, political science or a related subject. Master's Degree in political science, public policy, international relations or related field such as election management and operations, public administration is highly desirable.
• A strong record of leading large and complex projects in Haiti, or in other Latin American, or African countries.
• Solid understanding of development, political, and electoral issues in Haiti, and/or other francophone countries, and knowledge of Haitian counterparts and individuals and organizations active or interested in elections and political process issues
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all, NDI bases its employment decisions on merit, qualifications and abilities. NDI is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/knxn6vgxjw9sxkvk
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job