Resident Country Director - Haiti
National Democratic Institute
Job Function: International
Department: Latin America & The Caribbean
• Manage all aspects of the implementation of NDI's programs in Haiti
• Forge and maintain collaborative relationships with Haitian civic groups, the Haitian government, members of parliament, political parties, and representatives of the US government and other members of the international community
• Oversee and manage all program activities for the NDI office
• Provide oversight and review of the in-country budget and the timely and accurate submission of a monthly financial reconciliation to the Washington, DC office. Make programmatic adjustments as necessary throughout the implementation cycle to stay on budget
• Monitor, measure and provide oral and written reports of program results and political developments in Haiti affecting democratic governance
• Adjust program activities in response to changing political and economic circumstances and programmatic needs
• Continue to develop the capacity of NDI national staff to play a substantive role in program development, implementation and evaluation
• Act as chief spokesperson for NDI in Haiti, representing NDI with the media and at public events
• Bachelor degree, preferably in international relations, political science or a related subject. Master's Degree in political science, public policy, international relations or related field such as election management and operations, public administration is highly desirable.
• A strong record of leading large and complex projects in Haiti, or in other Latin American, or African countries.
• Experience living and working in a country other than home of record
• Relevant computer skills; experience with Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Google Drive, G+, etc.) a plus, and experience with Excel a plus
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all, NDI bases its employment decisions on merit, qualifications and abilities. NDI is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this position, please visit NDI's website at: www.ndi.org/careers
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/rvh6mmqmj475p24g
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job