About the organization
BronxWorks helps individuals and families improve their economic and social well-being. From toddlers to seniors, we feed, shelter, teach, and support our neighbors to build a stronger community. In all aspects of our work, we strive for the highest ethical and performance standards and is guided by the belief that people are to be treated with dignity and respect regardless of their present situation or past experiences.
• Ensure service delivery to all shelter clients, working in concert with an on-site medical provider, and for statistical reporting both internally and to funding agencies.
• Ensure that the facility is well maintained, sanitary, and code compliant.
• Supervise operations staff responsible for 24-hour security, fire safety, crisis intervention, and communication duties.
• Supervise case management and day care staff.
• Manage all on-site human resources functions, including staff hiring, evaluation, supervision, training, and termination.
• Plan, develop and implement program policy for the facility.
• Participate in fundraising activities; write proposals and/or coordinate proposal writing team.
• Develop and implement new program components as required.
• Manage the collection and presentation of client, administrative, and programmatic data to evaluate performance and ensure regulatory compliance.
• Develop annual operating budget.
• Represent agency at interagency meetings.
• Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
• Masters degree in Social Work or another related field of study.
• LMSW certification required, or the ability to acquire license within six months of employment.
• Three to five years supervisory and contract management experience
• Two years of post-master’s experience in a social work setting required.
• Experience working with governmental agencies.
• Extensive experience working with multi-problem families.
• Superb crisis management skills.
• Strong oral and written communication, time management and organizational skills are necessary.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and other standard business technology is required.
Contact email: [email protected]
JAMS is a 200 bed behavioral health shelter for men located in the North Bronx. Candidates for the residence position must be self-starters and have excellent organizational, management and communication skills. The position is challenging and not and not entry level. For more than three decades, RPCVs have contributed to the development and growth of the organization and fill key positions within BronxWorks. If you are interested in the position or have questions, please email Scott Auwarter (Sierra Leone 84-86) at [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job