Research Study Manager
VA Puget Sound HSR&D
About the organization
Do you want to be part of a groundbreaking study to help improve mental health outcomes for Veterans with PTSD who are at high risk for suicide? This full-time Project Coordinator position will work with Dr. Melanie Harned to set-up and oversee a multi-site randomized clinical trial (3 VA sites across the country) testing two psychotherapies for Veterans with PTSD and a history of recent and repeated self-directed violence.
Our work will provide much-needed information about how to safely and effectively treat PTSD among Veterans who are at elevated acute risk for suicide. If one or both treatments are found effective, this will provide vital information to inform clinical practice guidelines for this high-priority population.
• Work closely with the Principal Investigator to advance scientific aims and study objectives.
• Manage research activities for all study sites:
o Training: virtually train study site personnel on procedures and protocols
o Regulatory: prepare and submit renewals, amendments, protocol deviations, adverse events
o Study procedures: recruitment, screening, enrollment, randomization
o Data collection and quality: oversee data management and security to ensure that data are collected, recorded, and secured with integrity in a manner consistent with VHA policies.
o Monitor recruitment and data collection activities at all study sites, identify deficiencies, recommend solutions, and take corrective action when required.
o Ensure compliance with study protocol, including informed consent, safety, and data security requirements.
• Maintain the study SharePoint site, manage site permissions, and upload study documentation.
• Develop and maintain study operation manuals, standard operating procedures, and best practices for researchers.
• Coordinate and manage project team meetings locally and nationally.
• Track study expenditures and prepare budget reports.
• Assist in the preparation of academic reports, presentations, and manuscripts.
• Other duties as assigned.
• BA/BS in a scientific- or health-related field and 4-5 years of work involving Human Subjects OR a Master’s or higher degree in a scientific- or health-related field and at least 2 years of work involving Human Subjects; preference for a degree in mental health-related field.
• Prior relevant work experience in clinical or health services research required; preference for those with experience conducting research in the VA system.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate with a diverse group of VA researchers, clinicians, and staff.
• Successful management experience.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
• Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities and timelines.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, under supervision, and be a team player.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) required; preference for those with experience with Qualtrics or other data entry systems.
Contact email: [email protected]
Positions are based in Seattle, WA and will be eligible for a hybrid telework schedule. Candidates must be U.S. citizens. Selected candidate will have their education and experience evaluated by Human Resources to determine if they meet the criteria for the targeted GS-11. The General Schedule (GS) salary table for Seattle can be found on the Office of Personnel Management website at opm.gov.
Send a cover letter and resume to Dr. Melanie Harned ([email protected]). Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job