Research & Operations Specialist
City University of New York
About the organization
The City University of New York’s Office K-16 Initiatives supports the partnership between CUNY and the New York City Department of Education—the two largest education systems of their kind in the country. CUNY K-16 Initiatives creates innovative pathways for young New Yorkers to envision and achieve success by engaging strategic partners in confronting systemic educational inequities. We are home to a group of innovative programs that share a common goal: helping NYC public school students make a successful transition to college, careers, and life beyond.
• Plan and conduct on-going implementation research including focus groups, surveys, phone calls and in- person interviews aimed at identifying emerging successes and challenges to inform LINCT's work with teachers and students in real-time.
• Analyze basic program data and create reports, dashboards and utilization summaries for internal and external meetings and publications, and respond to routine and ad hoc data requests.
• Maintain LINCT's existing data and knowledge management systems and create new systems, as needed; train LINCT staff and partners on said systems.
• Create presentations and reports, plus maintain all records and statistical data on program activities.
• Assist the Office of Research, Evaluation and Program Support with their formative and summative evaluation and assessment efforts.
• Support the operations team with managing LINCT data and responding to routine requests
• Provide program and operational support including on-site support, logistics coordination and administrative tasks as needed
• Actively participate in the larger efforts of LINCT, including visiting high schools and principals, and coordinating special projects and ad hoc requests as needed.
• Actively participate in K-16 Initiatives as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred
• 2-5+ years of work or research experience, preferably in a data analyst or program support role
• Experience developing and conducting research projects, focus groups and formal research methods training (quantitative and qualitative preferred)
• Experience creatively and patiently navigating bureaucratic systems
• Experience using data management and/or project management software Experience building and managing a database
• Experience working collaboratively and cooperatively with a diverse community of students, faculty, staff and external constituents in a large decentralized public university system
• Experience supporting complex logistical projects and programs in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
• Strong skills in Google Docs
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel; Experience in SAS or Stata preferred Strong writing and public speaking skills
• Detail-oriented and highly organized Strong customer-service mindset
• Ability to take direction and to work independently in ambiguous and demanding environments Flexible spirit, can-do attitude, and ability to anticipate problems and recognize opportunities
• Interest in developing knowledge of the NYCDOE and CUNY, urban education policy issues, and the field of college and career readiness
Contact email: [email protected]
Cover letter and resume.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job