Research Coordinator/Research Specialist/Research Assistant
About the organization
Passionate about research that enhances the health and care of our United States Veterans? Interested in being involved firsthand with the Veterans Health Administration’s (VHA) electronic health record modernization (EHRM) and transition effort?
The EHRM Current State Impact (CSI) – Puget Sound Team is hiring a full- or half-time Research Assistant / Research Specialist / Research Coordinator position. This position will be part of a dynamic team with a unique opportunity to influence how VA provides healthcare.
The new Cerner EHR implementation will roll out in spring of 2020, and Seattle is one of the first sites! The CSI – Puget Sound Team is one of several Office of Research and Development (ORD) Teams that have been mobilized to prepare for the new EHR, focusing on assessing the on-the-ground impact, developing mitigation plans, and identifying training needs.
Key responsibilities could include the following:
▪ Assisting in the transition to Cerner including communication to and organization with the research community
▪ Surveying the research field to understand work-arounds for clinical studies interface and estimate risks to studies
▪ Developing strategies to mitigate transition impact
▪ Assisting research teams to develop process maps/workflows for each study
▪ Cataloging research activities required to execute studies
▪ Identifying gaps in Cerner/research interface
▪ Mapping current VA activities onto Cerner-based activities
▪ Maintaining a portfolio of human subjects studies impacted by transition and their risk of interruption
▪ Developing standard operating procedures
▪ Supporting the CSI – Puget Sound Team in their overall research-related goals and other duties as assigned
Ideal candidates will have the following minimum qualifications:
▪ Candidates must be US citizens
▪ BA/BS or higher degree in a scientific research-related field
▪ One or more years of experience as a research assistant or coordinator
▪ Experience with customer service, both in-person and telephone
▪ Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
▪ Excellent written and verbal communication skills
▪ Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
▪ Experience with REDCap and/or SharePoint
▪ Advanced Excel Skills
Contact email: [email protected]
This position is funded by ORD through at least the end of FY20 (09/30/20). Human Resources will evaluate education and experience to determine if the top candidate meets the criteria for GS-5-GS-9, per the Office of Personnel Management General Schedule table at opm.gov.
If you are interested, please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected] We will accept applications until the position is filled; however, materials received by August 6, 2019 will be considered first.
Additional information about the VA EHRM is available at www.ehrm.va.gov. Thank you for considering this request, and please contact Margaret with any questions you may have.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply