Research Coordinator, Seattle NODES
Seattle Network of Dedicated Enrollment Sites (NODES)
About the organization
Do you want to be a part of improving the healthcare of United States Veterans through meaningful work in a collaborative environment? The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Cooperative Studies Program (CSP) is a nationally renowned program of epidemiology and clinical trial research centers that produce innovative and effective solutions to Veteran and national healthcare problems through high quality multi-site research studies.
The Seattle Network of Dedicated Enrollment Sites is looking to hire a full-time employee that will provide research coordination for multi-site clinical trials at VA Puget Sound. The Research Study Coordinator will work closely with the Seattle NODES Research Program Manager, Center Directors and CSP study teams to assure the success of their studies. The Seattle NODES is 1 of 23 NODES within CSP.
This position is based in Seattle, WA.
• Under the direction of the NODES Research Program Manager, participates in all aspects of conducting clinical research. Includes, but is not limited to feasibility assessments, screening/recruiting potential study participants, obtaining informed consent, enrollment, randomization, scheduling research appointments, data collection, study procedures, study surveys, collection/processing of biospecimens, reporting study adverse events/side effects and completing appropriate study documentation for multiple research studies in-person or over the telephone.
• Prepares study materials including, but not limited to, regulatory paperwork, informed consent document, case report forms (CRFs), enrollment logs, participant reimbursement, and drug/device accountability logs.
• Establishes and organizes study files, including but not limited to, regulatory binders, study specific source documentation and other materials.
• Works with the NODES Program Manager to manage the day-to-day activities of the portfolio of research studies including problem solving, communication and protocol management.
• Creates and maintains complex research databases and manages spreadsheets for data tracking and other project management tracking tasks.
• Independently responds to general inquiries from study participants, research and R&D administration staff, and other stakeholders. Independently drafts correspondence and general communications regarding the center.
• Education Requirements:
o BA/BS in a scientific- or health-related field and 3-4 years of work experience in clinical, epidemiological, or health services research required OR
o Master’s or higher degree in a scientific- or health-related field required and 1-2 years of work experience in clinical, epidemiological, or health services research preferred
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate with a diverse group of researchers and staff
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
• Solid problem-solving and critical thinking skills
• Excellent time management skills
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities and timelines
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Experience coordinating and executing large-scale research studies
• Institutional knowledge of VA and/or CSP research operations
• Knowledge of REDCap and Microsoft Access
• Experience working with underserved and/or Veteran populations
There may be travel opportunities for national CSP research meetings and to regional sites.
Contact email: [email protected]
All positions are based in Seattle, WA and all candidates must be U.S. citizens. Selected candidates’ education and experience will be evaluated by Human Resources to determine if they meet the criteria for the targeted GS-9. The General Schedule (GS) salary table for Seattle can be found on the Office of Personnel Management website at opm.gov.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. See detailed instructions below. If you do not provide sufficient detail or required information, Human Resources may not find you eligible for the position.
It is understood that your circumstances may change during the interview process. Please be sure to share any updates relevant to your situation such as your employment status and current location throughout the process.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply