Research Advisor for FEWS NET Strategic Planning and Activity Design Support Project
About the organization
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 550 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees — 27,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans employer.
* Provide expertise in research methods, interpretation of, reporting on, and disseminating out findings and recommendations to all Work Assignment team leads and/or the Chief of Party as needed. Lead or supervise Work Assignment research activities.
* Synthesize qualitative and quantitative information into full reports such as secondary data analysis reports, country/context desk reviews, and scenario planning reports.
* Identify and apply appropriate research methods and tools for all Work Assignments.
* Coordinate data synthesis, cleaning, and analysis using appropriate methods (e.g., multivariate regression modeling in R and Stata) with Tetra Tech’s DAT Team.
* Lead or supervise Work Assignments related to stakeholder mapping and secondary data analysis.
* Develop the project’s learning agenda and oversee knowledge management initiatives in collaboration with the Knowledge Management Advisor.
* Coordinate with other FEWSNET Task Order holders, especially those responsible for the FEWSNET portal, website, and data analytics to assure best fit integration, data sharing protocols, and harmonization of presentations and visualizations.
* In collaboration with the Knowledge Management Advisor, ensure all pertinent data files are submitted appropriately to the FEWS NET Data Warehouse.
* Master’s degree in data science, statistics, agronomics, or related field;
* Minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible international work experience; one or more years of relevant experience in a developing country is desired (service in a volunteer program is considered relevant);
* Advanced skills in quantitative research methods and applied statistics to conduct remote research and/or take advantage of existing data sets for studies or products;
* Advanced skills in relevant data visualization and statistical software and programming languages (i.e. Python, R, Shiny, Power BI, Tableau, ArcGIS, Stata);
* Demonstrated expertise with qualitative methods, and market analysis in a related field, such as food security, market systems, livelihoods, agriculture, and risk assessment;
* Strong written and verbal communication skills in English; proficiency in French, Spanish, Portuguese, or Arabic is preferred;
* Current US work authorization is required at the time of application.
$100,000 - $140,000
To be considered, please submit the following:
* Cover Letter
Please ensure that only the requested documents noted above are submitted. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job