Regional Water Manager
Community Water Center
About the organization
Community Water Center (CWC) acts as a catalyst for community-driven water solutions through organizing, education and advocacy. We seek to build and enhance leadership capacity and local community power around water issues, create a regional movement for water justice in the San Joaquin Valley, and enable every community to have access to safe, clean and affordable drinking water.
At CWC, we believe safe, clean and affordable water is a human right, not a privilege. Our organizing and advocacy work, community collaborations and organizational culture all reflect a concern for equity, mutual respect, appreciation for diversity and environmental and social justice. We are looking for candidates who share our values, who bring a willingness to contribute to our mission and to the growth of a new organization, and who are open to developing their skills.
The Regional Water Manager will be a key member of the CWC program staff, leading CWC’s regional water management planning, policy and program development to achieve sustainable and affordable drinking water solutions in low-income communities and communities of color. The Regional Water Manager will report to the Policy Director and also work closely with the Executive Director other staff, people directly impacted by drinking water issues,members of partner organizations and agencies, other stakeholders impacted by groundwater management including representatives from industry, and various interns. The Regional Water Manager will supervise the Water Leadership Strategist (WLS) position and provide support to the WLS in building out CWC’s Community Water Leaders Network (CWLN), a network of local community water leaders. This is a full-time, exempt position.
● Graduate degree in sustainable local water management planning and/or policy or related fields
● Direct experience with local drinking water policy or project development
● Experience with capacity building and/or local leadership development programs
● Experience supervising full-time staff members
● Experience managing subcontractors and consultants
● Strong passion for and commitment to social and environmental justice
● Bachelors and/or graduate degree or equivalent work experience
● 2-5 years of experience related to environmental justice and water policy
● Experience working with low-income communities and/or communities of color
● Strong interpersonal communication, presentation skills and writing, with sensitivity to appropriate delivery depending on target and audience
● Fluency in both English and Spanish, and ability to provide both written and oral translation
● Outstanding organizational skills with demonstrated ability to plan and execute complex projects involving multiple actors
● Strong creative and comprehensive problem solving skills
● Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
● Ability to work with and inspire diverse communities and age groups
● Ability to accept praise and critical feedback – the ideal candidate would value self-improvement and seek evaluation
● Flexible schedule – willing and able to work weekends and attend night meetings
● Fully-insured personal vehicle and valid California Drivers’ License
● Proficient with basic computer skills including, at minimum: Microsoft Office, Google Apps, etc.
We offer a competitive salary. Salary will depend on experience and/or a combination of experience and skills.
Contact email: [email protected]
To apply, email resume and cover letter to: [email protected]
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes: medical, dental and vision insurance; generous vacation, family and sick leave and holiday policies; retirement contributions program; flexible work schedule; professional development opportunities and more! (Benefits guidelines and eligibility vary based on tenure and employment status, among other factors.)
To learn more about the Community Water Center and our programs, visit our website at www.communitywatercenter.org
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply