Regional Team Leader
School on Wheels, Inc.
About the organization
Since 1993, the mission of School on Wheels has never wavered: to enhance educational opportunities for children who are experiencing homelessness from kindergarten through twelfth grade. Our goal is to shrink the gaps in their education and provide them with the highest level of education possible. Our program serves as a consistent support system for our students at a time of great stress and fear.
This position is responsible for managing Coordinators in designated regions. This includes: assigning, delegating and ensuring team members complete responsibilities; coaching, mentoring, and training staff; providing guidance and instruction in the proper and most efficient method of accomplishing tasks and responsibilities.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Team Leader oversees the activities of Regional, Volunteer and Student Coordinators in specific geographic regions as well as our oversees the Skid Row Learning Center Instructor, Specialist and Assistant, to ensure the Learning Center
remains a vibrant learning environment and facility suitable for foundation and funder site visits. The position also works as a temporary coordinator for open positions.
●A minimum of five years experience working with volunteers and with at-risk children, with at least
two of those years in a supervisory position.
● Classroom management experience highly desirable.
● Ability to listen and communicate effectively with a wide variety of people -- excellent oral, written,
and presentation communication skills.
● Ability to establish deadlines, goals, and objectives for direct reports and to hold them accountable
● Excellent computer skills, including the use of Google Docs., Salesforce, Microsoft Office and
● Ability to represent SOW in the highest manner and exemplify SOW’s values, integrity, and ethics.
● Flexible hours: Evening and weekend work required.
● Local travel to sites required; valid California driver’s license, auto insurance and use of personal vehicle.
● Lifting of material donations, including backpacks, school supplies, etc. required periodically
● Required to work in Fletcher Resource Center three days/week.
$44,000 - 46,000 doe plus benefit package
Contact email: [email protected]
At School on Wheels, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to fulfill our mission of improving students lives through education.
To join this dedicated team, submit your cover letter and resume for consideration to [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job