Regional Program Manager – Europe and Eurasia
About the organization
Internews empowers people worldwide with the trustworthy, high-quality news and information they need to make informed decisions, participate in their communities, and hold power to account. Our vision is to unleash human potential everywhere by turning on the bright light of information.
Internews, an international nonprofit organization, operates with administrative centers in California, Washington DC, London and Paris, as well as regional hubs in Bangkok and Nairobi. Formed in 1982, Internews has worked in more than 100 countries and currently has offices in Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, Latin America and North America.
The Regional Program Manager is a senior management position to support the Regional Director in programmatic oversight of the regional portfolio. This position directly oversees several regional projects or country portfolios, ensures quality of program deliverables, and works with a wide range of USG, European and private funders to secure continuous development of Internews presence in the countries/regions of oversight. The Regional Program Manager reports to the Regional Director and directly supervises Country Directors and other program staff to ensure effective implementation according to budgets, program plans and overall objectives of Internews programs. In coordination with HQ-based support staff, the Regional Program Manager provides logistical support and training to the program teams as required and assists in the development of new programs.
For essential job duties and responsibilities, please visit: https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=INTERNEWS&cws=38&rid=1090
- 6+ years’ experience managing projects funded by US and/or European agencies or international organizations
- 4+ years’ experience in media development
- Proven ability to supervise/manage staff and teams
- Native-level English
- Regional work experience
- Previous work experience with USG programs and projects
- Excellent communication skills: speaking, writing, and listening
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including diplomacy, tact, and the ability to negotiate
- Proven analytical and problem-solving ability
- Proven ability to work both independently and as an effective team member
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple ongoing assignments
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Must be ready to travel
- Journalism/media experience and/or education highly desired
- Russian or Serbo-Croatian language skills strongly preferred
- Experience creating and monitoring project budgets
To apply, please visit: https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=INTERNEWS&cws=38&rid=1090
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?