Regional Operations Manager for the South Sudan Guinea Worm Eradication Program (SSGWEP)
The Carter Center
About the organization
The Carter Center is guided by the principles of our Founders, Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter. Founded, in partnership with Emory University, on a fundamental commitment to human rights and the alleviation of human suffering, the Center seeks to prevent and resolve conflicts, enhance freedom and democracy, and improve health:
• The Center believes that people can improve their own lives when provided with the necessary skills, knowledge, and access to resources.
• The Center emphasizes action and measurable results in the lives of the people it seeks to help.
• The Center values the courage to break new ground, fill vacuums, and address the most difficult problems in the most difficult situations.
• The Center recognizes that solving difficult problems requires careful analysis, relentless persistence, and the recognition that failure is an acceptable risk.
• The Center is non‐partisan and it seeks to work collaboratively with other organizations from the highest levels of
• Supervise and monitor the operational, transportation, procurement, and financial management of TCC-supported programs by providing direct, day-to-day management and oversight of assigned areas.
• Supervise supply chain operations: receive supplies into the hub, process orders from sub-offices, ship supplies to sub-offices, and order supplies through Juba hub according to TCC guidelines.
• Supervise hub staff
• Verify that TCC assets, materials, supplies and financial resources are being used in an honest and transparent fashion. Ensure TCC-supported programs maintain accurate inventories of all physical resources.
• Assist with annual and sub-annual shipping plans for supplying all sub-offices in the area-of-responsibility with all needed resources.
• Along with the Senior Operations Manager, assist in needs forecasting and procurement planning on an annual basis Represent the organization to various actors including but not limited to government authorities, suppliers and NGO forums.
• Though overall supervision is provided by the Finance Manager based in Juba, ensure adherence of hub financial operations to applicable standard operational procedures.
• Advise the financial managers on monthly field and office expenditures.
a) Two years of progressive experience in logistics/ operations capacity
b) University degree level education, or proven work experience
c) At least two years supervisory experience
d) Fluency in English
e) Able to work calmly under pressure, meet deadlines, maintain confidentiality of information, and foster teamwork
Starting rate at $175/day x 7 days/week
Contact email: [email protected]
How To Apply
To apply, please send CV and cover letter to [email protected] Subject line must include: Application Regional Operations Manager Position. All documents must be in Microsoft word or PDF format. In the body of the e-mail, please indicate where you saw the job posting.
Only candidates qualifying for the initial short list will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply