Regional Operations Manager Consultancy, South Sudan
The Carter Center
About the organization
The Carter Center, in partnership with Emory University, is guided by a fundamental commitment to human rights and the alleviation of human suffering; it seeks to prevent and resolve conflicts, enhance freedom and democracy, and improve health.
The Carter Center is guided by five principles:
1.The Center emphasizes action and results. Based on careful research and analysis, it is prepared to take timely action on important and pressing issues.
2.The Center does not duplicate the effective efforts of others.
3.The Center addresses difficult problems and recognizes the possibilities of failure as an acceptable risk.
4.The Center is nonpartisan and acts as a neutral in dispute resolution activities.
5.The Center believes that people can improve their lives when provided with the necessary skills, knowledge, and access to resources.
The Carter Center collaborates with other organizations, public or private, in carrying out its mission.
The Carter Center assists the Ministry of Health - Republic of South Sudan by providing technical, logistical, and administrative support to the Guinea Worm Eradication and Trachoma Control programs. The Regional Operations Manager will provide a full range of logistical and program support services to The Carter Center supported health programs in South Sudan.
Areas of operation will be at a Hub Office covering a region of South Sudan or the Juba Hub. Assigned area is allocated based on the needs of the program.
• Supervise and monitor the operational, transportation, procurement, and financial management of TCC-supported programs by providing direct, day-to-day management and oversight of assigned areas.
• Supervise supply chain operations: receive supplies into the hub, process orders from sub-offices, ship supplies to sub-offices, and order supplies through Juba hub according to TCC guidelines.
• Verify that TCC assets, materials, supplies and financial resources are used in an honest and transparent fashion, and TCC-supported programs maintain accurate inventories of physical resources.
• Assist in needs forecasting and procurement planning on an annual basis.
• Represent the organization to various actors including but not limited to government authorities, suppliers and NGO forums.
• Prepare and submit weekly reports to the Senior Operations Manager.
• Other duties as required and/or assigned.
a) Two years of progressive experience in logistics/ operations capacity
b) University degree level education, or proven work experience
c) At least two years supervisory experience
d) Fluency in English
e) Able to work calmly under pressure, meet deadlines, maintain confidentiality of information, and foster teamwork
Applicants desiring consideration for this post should submit the following:
a) Application letter, identifying the position you are applying for
b) Current CV
c) List of reference names and up-to-date contact information
The Carter Center is a non-smoking work environment. Applications from women are encouraged.
Contact email: [email protected]
To apply, please send CV and cover letter to [email protected] Subject line must include: Application Regional Operations Manager Position. All documents must be in Microsoft word or PDF format. In the body of the e-mail, please indicate where you saw the job posting.
Only candidates qualifying for the initial short list will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply