Regional Manager, Rooted in Trust
About the organization
At Internews, we believe everyone deserves trustworthy news and information to make informed decisions about their lives and hold power to account. We train journalists and digital rights activists, tackle disinformation, and offer business expertise to help media outlets become financially sustainable. We do all of this in partnership with local communities – who are the people best placed to know what works.
We support independent media in 100 countries, from radio stations in refugee camps, to hyper-local news outlets, to individual activists and reporters. We’ve helped our partners reach millions of people with quality, local information that saves lives, improves livelihoods, and holds institutions accountable.
The Regional Manager is a key role in the project leadership team. The Regional Manager will provide strategic leadership and guidance to program operations in three to four focal countries, including mentoring country-level project managers, ensuring activities are implemented on time and in line with methodology, and looking for opportunities to share strengths between the program teams. This position will work closely with the Project Director and Deputy Project Director in the ongoing leadership of the project.
- Extensive project management experience in a multi-country response, with the ability to deliver results to agreed timelines and budgets
- Awareness of and familiarity with the issues and dynamics of the COVID-19 pandemic and/or other health crises in humanitarian contexts a strong asset
- Track record in implementing community media projects and/or humanitarian information projects with a focus on participation and community engagement
- Experience working in humanitarian contexts and/or working in challenging environments, with a strong understanding of how to work effectively with local authorities, organizations, and community representatives as well as international agencies like the UN, international NGOs
- Experience in partner and relationship management
- Experience working remotely managing diverse teams and a talent for creating a welcoming and productive work environment
- Strong interpersonal communication, organizational, teamwork, facilitation, and presentation skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Experience working in Afghanistan, Philippines, or Lebanon and a good network of local media or humanitarian contacts a distinct advantage
- Fluency in Arabic, Dari, Pashto, or French a distinct advantage
To apply, please submit CV and optionally a Cover Letter via our Careers page: https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=INTERNEWS&cws=38&rid=1422
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job