Regional Grants Manager, Central Africa
Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS)
About the organization
The Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) is a US non-profit, tax-exempt, private organization established in 1895 that saves wildlife and wild places by understanding critical issues, crafting science-based solutions, and taking conservation actions that benefit nature and humanity. With more than a century of experience, long-term commitments in dozens of landscapes, presence in more than 60 nations, and experience helping to establish over 150 protected areas across the globe, WCS has amassed the biological knowledge, cultural understanding and partnerships to ensure that vibrant, wild places and wildlife thrive alongside local communities. Working with local communities and organizations, that knowledge is applied to address species, habitat and ecosystem management issues critical to improving the quality of life of poor rural people whose livelihoods depend on the direct utilization of natural resources.
Please see full job description on WCS Career site for full listing: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/Home/Home?partnerid=25965&siteid=5168#jobDetails=487205_5168
Regional Grant Management
• Ensure compliance with all organizational, country level and donor policies.
• Organize kick-off meetings for awards in the region with budgets of $1 million or more focusing key compliance requirements and award terms and conditions.
• Ensure regular, effective communication across the entire Central Africa Region to include follow up on grant management specifics identified in the kick-off meeting.
• Prepare all subaward agreements in the region, using the applicable template for the donor and/or OGC approved template in coordination with Country Programs.
• Ensure efficient procurement processes in country programs in accordance with WCS Procurement Policy.
This position will lead grant management and compliance in the Central Africa region. Candidates will need to clearly demonstrate they have the necessary experience and leadership to work in a dynamic, multi-cultural environment managing grant funding from governments, multilateral and bilateral agencies, foundations, and private organizations and individuals.
• Bachelor degree required
• Proven grant management experience in an international organization (3+ years) in a multi-funder and multi-currency environment required
• Experience in managing substantial (>USD 1million) USAID, EU and/or other bilateral/multilateral grants required
• Experience managing procurement and logistics processes
• Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse team. Must be solution-oriented and have strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• English fluency required; French language skills strongly preferred.
• Excellent computer and systems skills required with respect to MS Office applications (advanced skills in MS Excel required). Experience with a major financial accounting and reporting software (SAP or equivalent) strongly preferred.
• Ability to work and live in challenging environments
Contact email: [email protected]
Interested candidates, who meet the above qualifications should apply by emailing an application letter and CV together with salary requirements and the names and contact information of three references to: [email protected] Accepting applications until qualified candidate found. Please include “Regional Grants Manager Central Africa” in the subject line of your email.
In addition, all candidates must apply on-line using the following link:
1) http://www.wcs.org/about-us/careers.aspx/ 2) Look up title
Direct link: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/Home/Home?partnerid=25965&siteid=5168#jobDetails=487205_5168
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job