Regional Director - Latin America and Caribbean
Whole Planet Foundation
About the organization
Whole Planet Foundation (WPF) is a US 501c3 private foundation established by Whole Foods Market (WFM) in 2005. WPF was born from the WFM core value, Caring About Our Communities and Our Environment, an idea of shared fate with WFM’s global communities. The mission of WPF is to provide financial support to Microfinance Institutions (MFI) to alleviate poverty through expansion of microcredit services in communities that supply Whole Foods Market with product. Partner MFIs deliver financial services that are tailored to the realities of the people living in poverty while maintaining efficient operations in a financially sustainable manner. WPF currently supports microfinance projects in 77 countries globally and 18 countries in Latin America & the Caribbean with plans to expand further in the region.
• Visit www.wholeplanetfoundation.org
The Regional Director for LAC will create a pipeline for potential new projects, conduct due diligence for new partnerships and oversee M&E for the existing portfolio of projects.
1. Project Management (60%)-
a. Conduct desk due diligence of potential MFIs.
b. Develop project proposals for WPF Board of Director’s approval.
c. Manage funding, reporting and monitoring requirements for the regional portfolio, this will include remote tracking of funding and quarterly outreach metrics as well annual on-site visits to partner MFIs.
d. Analyze MFIs approach and objectives to delivering microfinance services to the poor
2. Global Learning Support (10%)- Improve processes for collecting and disseminating to the Program Team vital information on advances, changes and challenges facing the global financial inclusion and social enterprise sectors.
3. Outreach and Media (15%)- Coordinate and carry out the strategy for outreach, media and guided site visits by Whole Planet Foundation representatives and stakeholders.
4. Project Logistics (15%)- The position will require independent management of all living, travel and communication logistics required to carry out the job. Travel to countries where the Foundation has partners will often require advance logistical planning for the successful execution of site visits and evaluations.
It is imperative that this person have significant experience working in rural Latin America with an understanding of the reality facing the poor - particularly in relation to rural business and economic systems. Knowledge of microfinance and an ability to independently represent the Foundation in project countries will be important.
The ability to speak Spanish fluently (FSI 4.0 or better) is imperative to being successful in this position.
As well, extensive regional travel around 50% will be required in order to visit all active partners annually, as security and logistics permit. This will typically be independent self-led travel to conduct due diligence with local microfinance organizations the Foundation has provided loan capital to or considering partnering with.
1. At least 5 years of progressively responsible work experience in a relevant position, including minimum 2 years of experience working in a grassroots/community-based position in LAC.
2. Experience with producing basic media content for a wide audience, including social media, high quality photo/video, etc.
3. Understanding of financial statements and basic accounting
4. Strong analytical skills to assess potential MFI partners
5. Ability to interview MFI clients in the field
Contact email: [email protected]
Here is the HireVue link to initiate the application process:
This post will be based at a major city in Latin America with a major airport hub, TBD.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job