Regional Career Development Coordinator - WTE
Home Builders Institute Inc
About the organization
The Home Builders Institute (HBI) is the nation’s leading educational resource for career technical education in the building industry. HBI provides its students with the skills and experience they need for careers in residential construction.
The organization offers pre-apprenticeship training, job placement services, mentoring, certification programs, and online learning across the country to youth, veterans, displaced workers and others who want to be a part of America’s trained workforce.
HBI does more than provide job skills. Its programs build character and self-esteem, helping students develop what they need to succeed on the job and in life. HBI changes lives every day.
HBI is currently seeking a Regional Career Development Coordinator. In this role, you will:
• Provide day-to-day supervision of HBI PACT programs as assigned. Collaborate with the Regional Operations Manager in the interviewing, hiring and training of instructors. Support instructors by maintaining a detailed schedule of student activities for each day of the week.
• Provide training and technical assistance to staff on operational issues such as program policies, recordkeeping, risk management, and contract compliance, requiring the use of judgment and the interpretation of HBI and agency policies, rules, procedures and ordinances to assigned programs.
• Monitor HBI/WTE shops for safety and suitability to ensure quality training environments.
• Coordinate activities and cooperation between HBI, state government agencies, local workforce systems, off-site community-based organizations, local trade associations, and others.
• Maintain the HBI database and project files, ensuring that all are accurate and current.
• Oversee classes, including curriculum, program design, and outreach and recruitment, becoming acquainted with participants, assisting instructors or participants with problems.
• BA/BS in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
• A minimum of three years of experience in career development or a related role is needed. Previous placement experience is preferred.
• Knowledge of construction trades preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Completion of OSHA-500 training course and various training-related certifications preferred.
• Work and/or involvement with hard to serve individuals preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate with a wide variety of individuals, including government, industry, trade associations, labor organizations, journey, and master-level craftspeople and instructors.
• Experience with personal computer software including databases and Microsoft Office.
• Ability to handle confidential information.
• Must possess a current valid state drivers' license.
HBI offers a competitive salary and benefits program.
HBI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected characteristic as established by federal, state, or local law.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job