Girl Scouts of West Central Florida
About the organization
The Girl Scouts of West Central Florida serves nearly 21,000 girls and nearly 8,500 adult members throughout Citrus, Hernando, Hillsborough, Marion, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk & Sumter counties. Girl Scouting is more than just cookies and camping – Girl Scout activities assure girls a chance to discover, connect and take action. Through programs including science and technology, business and economic literacy, and outdoor and environmental awareness, Girl Scouting provides girls with opportunities for fun and friendship, while fostering the development of leadership skills and self-esteem. Girl Scouts offers programs that encourage girls to push boundaries, test limits and develop their leadership potential. Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence and character, who make the world a better place.
The Recruitment Manager is responsible for developing and executing effective recruiting strategies to increase girl and adult membership in assigned, established geographic areas based on predetermined goals and objectives.
The person in this role will specifically focus on assigned markets in Polk County. The ability to speak fluently in both English and Spanish is preferred for this position. Preference is given for those that reside in Citrus, Sumter, Hernando, or Marion counties.
1. Assists in achieving the council’s corporate goals for girl and adult membership through implementing membership strategies in assigned areas.
2. Works interdepartmentally to ensure Council goals are met.
• Bachelor’s degree, equivalent related work experience.
• Outside sales or similar experience, 1-3 years.
• Community cultivation, membership marketing, and volunteer management skills.
• Knowledge of market analysis including preparing comprehensive market plans.
• Ability to interpret and use market plans to develop and implement strategies and tactics to achieve membership goals.
• Effectively communicate with persons of all racial, ethnic, social and economic backgrounds.
• Ability to speak Spanish desirable.
• Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
• Automobile and telephone necessary, along with documentation of required automobile insurance and safe driving record.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
• Must be able to lift 35 pounds without difficulty.
• Knowledge and acceptance of beliefs, policies, safety procedures, and principles of the Girl Scout movement; willing to register as a member of Girl Scouts of the USA
$37, 500 annualized
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job