About the organization
Enriched Schools is a national movement committed to re-imagining how communities and schools come together in order to maximize student success.
Company Mission and Background
Enriched connects great people to great schools. We are on a mission to eliminate the loss of student learning due to teacher absence, and we do so by tapping into the power of community. We believe that the “sub” day is an opportunity to ignite passions in kids and push learning forward, not leave students (or teachers) 2 steps behind. Founded by a former teacher and TFA alumna in New Orleans, Enriched has grown to become a trusted partner for charter schools across 10 cities seeking to provide systems of excellence, support and sustainability for their staff.
Enriched is seeking a highly effective talent coordinator to identify, screen and select the highest quality educators in Philadelphia.
Duties and Responsibilities
This work will focus on:
- Recruitment: create city-wide strategy, successfully manage and execute all efforts, in person and online, to recruit the highest caliber, mission aligned candidates to join the Enriched Philadelphia community as part time or flexible guest educators or highly qualified full-time teacher candidates
- Screening and Selection: conduct and lead educator vetting across Philadelphia, including but not limited to application review, phone screening, demo lesson, onboarding and ongoing observation
- Community Building: create city-wide strategy, successfully manage and execute efforts for guest educator support, appreciation and community building
- Extraordinary Interpersonal Skills: You’re an excellent and nuanced communicator. You build relationships quickly while gathering key information. You can mobilize people to join a cause.
- Relentless Problem Solver: You have not seen a challenge you could not solve or a wall you could not get through/around/over. You get things done. Excellently, efficiently and with minimal oversight.
- Passionate Educator: You believe educational inequity is the civil rights issue of our time. You love all children and believe they deserve the best opportunities for life and learning.
This is a one-of-a-kind opportunity to build upon a strong foundation of impact and serve as a visible and influential leader at rapidly growing movement that is transforming the way substitute teaching is delivered and perceived across the country. Therefore, first and foremost, this individual must be committed to the mission of Enriched Schools and eager to play an active, hands-on role in doing whatever it takes to grow and improve our model to effectively serve students and schools across Philadelphia.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 2 years of teaching/education experience
- Strong local network in education community across Philadelphia
- Demonstrated success launching and leading new initiatives, whether within existing organizations or creating new programs/ventures
- Demonstrated success recruiting and screening for top talent and managing communities that are united and compelled towards a shared vision
- Deep familiarity with and commitment to the local education community and robust network of relationships across diverse range of stakeholders in the region
- Relentlessly hard-worker
Contact email: [email protected]
What Enriched offers:
- A chance to revolutionize a broken system that has significant impact on schools, teachers and kids nationwide
- An independent, highly-visible leadership role in a nationally recognized education organization
- An important problem to solve, a fun and close-knit team, and major opportunities for professional growth and career advancement
- A highly autonomous, flexible and creative work environment with the opportunity to design and build the future and culture of the region
- Great health, vision and dental benefits
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, with bonus performance incentives
- Communication: reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, and working in collaboration with Regional Managers and Recruiters across the country
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job