About the organization
Jumpstart envisions the day when every child in America enters kindergarten prepared to succeed. A national early education organization with operations in 15 states plus Washington, DC, Jumpstart drives outcomes for young children in three critical ways. Jumpstart provides language, literacy, and social-emotional direct service programming utilizing an evidence-backed curriculum for preschool children from underserved communities, workforce programming to expand the pipeline of qualified, diverse talent pursuing careers in early education, and policy advocacy to support the early childhood field and promote high-quality early learning for all. Jumpstart executes these three objectives to improve the quality of the early education workforce and increase opportunity for young children to succeed across America. Learn more at www.jstart.org
The Recruiter works in partnership with the Talent Management team to support Jumpstart’s vision; mission; brand; strategic objectives; diversity, equity and inclusion goals; culture; and values by thoughtfully attracting and engaging with current and prospective employees and staff. The individual in this role functions in a hands-on capacity and is responsible for recruitment for a variety of positions, including diversity recruitment; recruitment strategies; candidate experience; recruitment reporting and analysis; training and coaching of hiring managers and interviewers; job description management; the criminal history check process for new hires (as needed); and contributing to other beneficial Talent Management initiatives as assigned. The position reports to the Senior Manager of Recruiting.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant professional experience
• A minimum of 3 years of Human Resources experience, with an emphasis on individual responsibility for full-cycle recruiting
• Previous experience in the non-profit sector
• High degree of emotional intelligence; comfort level in working and building relationships with individuals at various staff levels and locations, including ability to guide individuals on decision-making and sometimes ambiguous situations
• Keen ability to problem solve and think critically, along with ability to glean the most important information in different situations or when facts are not known and synthesize all to present judgements
• Excellent time management skills, and ability to manage multiple vacancies/projects simultaneously and meet deliverables within appropriate timeframes
• Can function as a forward thinker to achieve results, while also focusing on process improvement as needed
• Ability to be adaptable and flexible; a reliable comfort level with shifting gears when priorities change
• Commitment to Jumpstart’s mission and desire to model the organization’s core values of learning, connection, determination, joy and kindness
• Beneficial knowledge of HR principles and practices and employment law, as related to the hiring process
• Excellent attention to detail
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
$58,000 - $60,000
Contact email: [email protected]
Please include a resume and cover letter.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job