U.S. Commission for the Preservation of America's Heritage Abroad
About the organization
The Commission for the Preservation of America’s Heritage Abroad identifies cemeteries, monuments, and historic buildings in Eastern and Central Europe that are associated with the heritage of United States citizens, particularly such sites that are in danger of destruction. In cooperation with the Department of State, the Commission seeks assurances from the governments of the region and the Caucasus nations that these cultural properties will be preserved. The Commission also undertakes projects to restore, preserve, and memorialize certain sites by raising and using private donations and encourages others, including foreign governments, to undertake similar projects.
The Commission needs the assistance of a temporary Records Manager, whose duties will include assessing current records management systems and protocols, problem-solving to design and develop better procedures and systems, and communicating with the administrative team a timeline for the implementation and outlining of new practices and procedures. S/he will assist management in other administrative and clerical areas.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Assesses the current adequacy of documentation and management of agency records.
• Serves as the agency technical expert on agency-wide electronic and non-electronic records management issues.
• Advises the administrative team on the issues and potential solutions.
• Develops, implements and establishes a new records management system for all office filing, index and record systems.
• Leads the transformation of agency records management processes to address the challenges that the Commission faces with electronic and non-electronic files.
• Outlines and documents procedures for filing systems for current and future employees, to ensure that file management remains the same. Designs and implements training for current Commission staff to ensure that proper records management procedures are understood.
• Communicates goals and deadlines for the transformation of the records management system with the Administrative Director in a clear, concise manner
• Fluency in Microsoft Office Suites, with experience using SharePoint preferred
• Strong knowledge of Mac computers preferred
• Strong work ethic
• Ability to interpret directions and implement the work in a timely fashion
• Analytical in nature and have a propensity for problem-solving
• Ability to work with speed and accuracy
• Ability to work on a computer for lengthy periods of time
• Ability to work independently
The Records Manager needs to have at least two years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’s Degree. S/he must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, excellent organizational skills, strong problem-solving skills, the ability to prioritize work, the ability to actively monitor and coordinate large volumes of information and the willingness to work both independently and as part of a team. S/he must be able to lift up to 20 pounds frequently, as the physical files will need to be moved.
This is a temporary role for a short-term consultancy of about 3 (minimum) to 6 months. This position is available immediately with flexible hours.
$20-$30 per hour
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply