About the organization
Macfadden is an employee-owned, international professional services corporation that applies integrated information technology solutions and program/project management expertise to help solve critical issues impacting the health, safety and security of the world around us. Since 1986, federal agencies have relied on Macfadden for critical support in the areas of international disaster response, development and humanitarian assistance, information technology solutions, financial management systems support and knowledge management and communications. Today, Macfadden provides innovative solutions that enable our customers to protect America's food supply more efficiently and bring medical breakthroughs to market sooner; rapidly respond to complex international disaster relief efforts; develop and maintain critical government IT financial systems and safeguard key government information systems. We support our customer's mission to help emerging democracies in Eastern Europe and Eurasia develop their economic infrastructures; help meet compliance requirements and improve transparency through effective records and information management programs; and help preserve many of our nation's most treasured historical documents through our data capture and digital conversion services. With more than 200 employees, Macfadden is headquartered in Silver Spring, MD with multiple client site operations in the greater Washington, DC region and Tidewater, VA area.
Macfadden is seeking a Reception/Administrative Assistant supporting the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Office of Foreign Disaster Assistance (OFDA).
- Maintain lobby, conference room, and other public areas.
- Update critical calendars, directories, tracking sheets and ensure their accuracy.
- Support OFDAs administrative functions.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Answer calls and emails from client and staff regarding their inquiries.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings and assist coordinating various other events.
- In support of the Facilities Manager, make sure all public areas are clean, neat and ready for
- Assist Facilities Manager with meeting catering, set-up, and technical assistance in collaboration
- with OFDA IT.
- Assist with maintaining office supplies and restock public stations when necessary.
- Provide support for event management when needed.
- Maintain staff lists and contact information.
- Responsible for maintaining OFDA Directories and sending weekly/biweekly office-wide updates.
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence and packages.
- Will be trained in OFDA travel procedures and provide backup support to Travel Team and interoffice mail
- run as necessary.
- Assist Project Management Team with event planning and basic financial reconciliations.
- Setting up and managing a team-wide coverage calendar.
- Setting up and managing a team-wide critical event/meeting calendar.
- Assisting with updating and maintaining new hire orientation binders.
- Ensuring approvals for vouchers, TAs, and other administrative items are moving through the system
- Filing, both paper and electronic.
- Other duties/special projects as required.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 1 year of professional experience, including internships.
- Computer proficiency required to include strong applied knowledge MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), as well as email and internet applications.
- Must be able to excel in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment and multi-task.
- Ability to prioritize projects and strong problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated reliability with strong organizational abilities.
- Must be motivated and committed to customer service.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required to interface effectively with all levels of staff.
U.S. Citizenship is required; selected candidate must be able to qualify for a government sponsored security clearance.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.
- This position description reflects Macfadden’s assignment of essential functions; nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s latitude to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Macfadden provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Macfadden complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Macfadden expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Macfadden’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. This policy covers conduct occurring at Macfadden’s offices, client sites, other locations where Macfadden is providing services, and to all work-related activities.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job