Realty Specialist - Emerging Leaders Program
General Services Administration
About the organization
GSA leads the way in green building design, construction, retrofit and sustainable operations and maintenance. GSA is building a 21st century govt. that procures and manages technology solutions in smart, secure, and affordable ways. It supports reductions in federal government real estate costs and increases in workplace efficiencies by strategically integrating space, people, and technology solutions customized to different workplace needs.
The Emerging Leaders Program (ELP) provides opportunities for entry-level talent hired into a variety of career tracks to develop a broad knowledge of the agency and its core functions. The program consists of a training curriculum focused on professional development which includes leadership competencies, GSA business knowledge, and technical skills. Upon completion of the program, these individuals are well-positioned with the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to successfully perform in mission critical positions across the agency.
As a Realty Specialist in the acquisition division:
- Review space request and working with clients to deliver workplace solutions.
- Develop analysis of aspects of all Federal building projects.
- Identify situations of noncompliance and/or other discrepancies and prepare documentation to follow up with lessors regarding noncompliance with lease provisions.
- Perform routine lease administration functions in direct support of regional lease acquisition, administration and enforcement programs.
- Assist in assignment and reassignment of federally owned, leased and rent-free space.
- Coordinate the completion of the Occupancy Agreements on all Federal projects and lease projects.
As a Realty Specialist in the disposal division:
- Review, prepare, analyze and reconcile various reports.
- Determine accuracy of real property reports.
- Participate in the disposal plan and strategy development process which may include exchanging strategies and entering into lease or permits as appropriate.
- Assist senior specialists to provide notice and screens within GSA and other Federal agencies for further Federal need.
- Screen for homeless interest.
Maintain and update the Real Property Utilization and Disposal system of record for disposal case, service case and other project information on a continuous basis.
Assist with surveys of Federal real property to insure that Federal agencies are fully utilizing their land holdings in accordance with Executive Orders.
Performed basic work assignments and projects. This experience must include communicating with a variety of individuals on project issues; assisting others in the analysis/resolution of project problems; and assisting in the preparation of documents/contractual agreements
Analyzing commercial real estate offers to determine compliance with solicitation requests; reviewing and understanding commercial real estate contracting documents; collaborating with a variety of individuals involving real estate transactions; and analyzing, identifying, and clarifying commercial realty problems and issues then proposing solution
GS 7/9 start GS 12 full promotion potential.
Contact email: [email protected]
Email to apply. Subject line should include job title and location(s) applying to.
1) Resume in standard or Federal format
2) DOS to show NCE status. Transcripts or other documentation we should consider if you're requesting an NCE extension (only up to 24 months beyond initial NCE expiration date)
3) Cover letter
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply