Real Estate Project Director
About the organization
Co-op Dayton is a non-profit organization that seeks to create a more equitable and sustainable local economy by developing cooperative businesses that meet community needs, that are rooted in and accountable to community, and that offer dignified jobs through shared ownership. Co-op Dayton currently provides business technical assistance for more than ten cooperatives in development in Dayton, including the Gem City Market grocery cooperative.
The Real Estate Project Director will support the development of the Unified Power (UP) real estate investment cooperative, a new venture led by and for Black residents of West Dayton. As proud West Daytonians, UP seeks to transform our relationships with each other and our lived environment. UP increases awareness and access to the tools for West Daytonians to collectively invest, build, and own their homes and neighborhoods.
- Manage all aspects of the development and implementation of two pilot projects: a mixed-use, multi-family real estate development on a commercial corridor and the new construction or renovation of a single-family home in a residential neighborhood
- Establish and maintain detailed tasks and timelines utilizing project management software and prepare monthly progress reports for Unified Power and Co-op Dayton
- Collaborate with Unified Power’s Executive Director to ensure that the West Dayton community and UP cooperative member-owners are involved in strategic oversight and decisions throughout the design, development, and implementation process
- Develop and foster partnerships with relevant stakeholders, including community and workforce organizations, government, funders, lenders, community lawyers, architects, and construction companies
- Acquire property through negotiations with sellers or strategic partnerships, overseeing the legal, financial, and due diligence tasks
- Review, prepare, and/or finalize the project description, schedule, pro forma, and construction budgets for each of the pilots
- Manage and support the delivery of design and construction plans for each of the pilots
- Ensure that the pilots comply with cooperative, community, government, and funder requirements, objectives, and deliverables
For the full job description, visit https://www.coopdayton.org/up-director
- A Bachelor’s degree and preference for a Master’s degree in urban planning or real estate development
- At least 3 years of experience with real estate project management
- Preferred experience with non-profit or social enterprise program and partnership development
- Preferred experience with community and economic development organizations and enterprises, including housing cooperatives, investment cooperatives, community land trusts, labor unions, or other democratic organizations
- Preferred experience with financial institutions, funders, and donors
For the full job description, visit website.
Contact email: [email protected]
Please send a resume and letter of interest to [email protected] The letter of interest is critical for the application and should summarize your relevant skills and experience and describe why you are interested in our organization and this role.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job