Reading Partners Program Coordinator (AmeriCorps)
Reading Partners Baltimore
About the organization
Reading Partners is a national nonprofit that mobilizes communities to provide students with the proven, individualized reading support they need to read at grade level by fourth grade.
We know that reading is the foundation for all future learning. The ability to read transforms lives and empowers children and communities to reach their full potential. Research shows that students who read at grade level by fourth grade have a greater opportunity to succeed in school and beyond.
That’s why we partner with under-resourced schools and engage volunteer reading partners to work one-on-one with students who struggle with reading. Our volunteers provide hour-long tutoring sessions to students— following a structured, evidence-based curriculum developed with an expert team of curriculum advisors.
Interested in empowering students with the literacy support they deserve to become lifelong readers? Join Reading Partners as an AmeriCorps Program Coordinator!
The AmeriCorps Program Coordinator is the face of Reading Partners Baltimore within an elementary school partner, responsible for leading the coordination, operations, and relationship development of Reading Partners’ one-on-one tutoring programs.
What you’ll do & how you’ll do it:
- Lead the full-time coordination and operations of Reading Partners’ traditional and/or online tutoring programs at a school partner.
- Coordinate the day-to-day operations and schedule of Reading Partners’ tutoring programs (in-person, online, or a combination) to ensure the program meets students’ learning needs.
- Directly provide ongoing tutoring to students.
- Manage student and tutor data records, and track student progress.
- As needed, provide technical support to students and families using Reading Partners’ online tutoring program.
- Forge and maintain positive relationships with student families, tutors, and school staff to create a welcoming tutoring environment.
- Coach and support volunteer tutors in order to improve tutoring quality.
- Lead family, student, and volunteer engagement support within your reading center, ensuring success in the Reading Partners’ traditional and/or online tutoring programs.
- Motivate students in their learning journeys and manage student behavior while in your reading center.
You’ll be successful in this role if you:
- Possess a high school diploma or GED
- Hold US Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status
- Understand this position is an AmeriCorps service commitment
- Demonstrate a passion for working with children, pay strong attention to detail, and manage competing priorities effectively
- Can quickly learn new technology systems like Salesforce and are comfortable with Google Apps and Zoom Conferencing
AmeriCorps members serving in school and community-based roles are required to mask when in-person and are strongly encouraged to receive the COVID-19 vaccine unless a reasonable accommodation is requested and approved.
Join Reading Partners and leave a legacy in schools and communities that will last long beyond an unforgettable and life-changing AmeriCorps term of service.
Questions about this position? Please reach out to Christine Pannell, Sr. Communications Manager, at [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job