Idaho Department of Parks and Recreation (Harriman State Park)
About the organization
IDPR’s core values include integrity, compassion, service, stewardship and commitment. We protect the resources that are entrusted to us, we strive to help visitors experience those resources in a positive way and we endeavor to be vital members of the communities in which we operate.
The mission of the Idaho Department of Parks and Recreation is to improve the quality of life in Idaho through outdoor recreation and resource stewardship.
We are innovators in outdoor recreation, committed to excellent service and resource stewardship. We foster experiences that renew the human spirit and promote community vitality.
Here at Harriman State Park, we are looking for a Visitor Center Aide, a Maintenance Aide, and a Housekeeping Aide to join us for our winter season.
Visitor Center Aide:
- Taking payments and distributing day passes to visiting guests.
- Managing the till and closing it out at the end of the day.
- Selling Park merchandise and completing inventory as needed.
- Answering guests' questions regarding various park topics and handling guest relations.
- Caring for and cleaning park facilities and rental facilities.
- Managing inventory of cleaning supplies and request ordering as needed.
- Keeping designated areas shoveled and free of snow.
- Sorting, washing, folding, loading, and unloading laundry.
- Maintaining park grounds by grooming trails, shoveling snow, and plowing out roads and parking lots.
- Performing minor building maintenance such as painting, replacing lightbulbs, etc.
- Maintaining park equipment such as fleet vehicles, snowmobiles, plows, and snow blowers.
- Completing other duties as assigned.
If interested, please apply online using the provided link: https://parksandrecreation.idaho.gov/seasonal-employment-application/.
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent.
- Valid Driver's License.
$14.00 Per Hour
Contact email: [email protected]
If you are unable to submit an online application using the provided link, please fill out this PDF and email me the completed document. You can send me a scan of all the pages or send me photos of the pages.
PDF Link: https://parksandrecreation.idaho.gov/wp-content/uploads/IDPR-seasonal-application.pdf
Online Application Link: https://parksandrecreation.idaho.gov/seasonal-employment-application/
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job