Quality Initiatives Specialist
Colorado Community Health Network
About the organization
Working as a Medical Assistant is one of the easiest and best ways to get your foot in the door at a... ’Expand’Mission Driven Careersmissiondrivencareers.orgWhen people talk about health reform, this is what they mean. Colorado Community Health Centers are the future of health care. We use a team-based, integrated approach that keeps patients healthy and out of the emergency room.
1. Works collaboratively with the Quality Initiatives Director and other CCHN staff to strengthen the statewide Community Health Center dental workforce:
a. Assesses the current facilitators and barriers to recruitment, retention, and development of the CHC dental workforce and staffing models used by CHCs.
b. Researches, analyzes, collects, and shares promising practices and successes among CHCs.
c. Engages CHC staff and providers, partners, and subject-matter experts to inform the development of materials, activities, and resources to improve training, recruitment, and retention of dental assistants, dental hygienists, and dentists at CHCs.
d. Prepares and presents written and verbal project updates as requested.
2. Provides training and technical assistance to CHCs to strengthen CHC oral health programs.
3. Facilitates the quality improvement and team-based care capacity of Community Health Centers:
a. Provides practice facilitation to CHCs to identify areas of improvement in clinical and operational capacities using practice coaching, small- and large-scale trainings, and webinars.
b. Supports CHCs in implementing new documentation structures and changes to clinical workflow to utilize care team members more fully.
c. Collaborates with the CHCs to facilitate data collection and data analysis to direct improvement efforts. Present data to CHCs, including staff and leadership, both remotely and in-person.
d. Collaborates with CHC s
1. Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
2. Ability to present and interpret complex information to multiple audiences in person and virtually.
3. Demonstrated awareness of, and value for, diversity, equity, and inclusion.
4. Ability to work with minimal supervision and maximum accountability.
5. Ability to work as a team member and work effectively with diverse groups.
6. Ability to think critically, problem solve, and practice solution-based thinking.
7. Ability to build rapport, credibility, and trust, and maintain effective working relationships.
8. Ability to thrive in a complex and rapidly changing environment.
9. Ability to process and organize facts and data to define a problem and develop effective solutions.
10. Ability to travel, including occasional overnight trips (less than 10%).
1. Knowledge of primary care clinical operations, oral health/dental workforce or operations, and/or team-based care.
2. Proficient in Microsoft Office, Microsoft TEAMS, and Zoom software.
3. Fluency in written and spoken English.
4. Proficient written and oral communication skills.
5. Comfortable speaking in front of groups and facilitating meetings.
6. Demonstrated ability to work with customer/client groups and/or experience in membership organizations.
7. Possess technical and analytical writing skills and the capacity to deliver information that is accessible to a diverse audience, including technical and non-tec
$24.50 - $27.00 per hour
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job