Quality Assurance Manager
Office of the Chief Administrative Officer, US House of Representatives
About the organization
The Office of the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) provides operations support services and business solutions to the community of 10,000 House Members, Officers and staff. The CAO organization comprises more than 650 technical and administrative staff working in a variety of areas, including information technology, finance, budget management, human resources, payroll, child care, food and vending, procurement, logistics and administrative counsel.
• Ensure a robust, proactive quality assurance framework is established for the Finance organization to identify, assess and mitigate risk.
• Identify appropriate metrics and enhancing existing metric reporting to be more predictive in nature and create an objective basis for management conclusions around the health of internal processes.
• Lead the QA Team in formalizing the QA program documentation, including the development of templates, workflow and procedures.
• Maintain an archival documentation system for QA validation activities.
• Design the scope, representative testing periods and appropriate testing strategies for varying frequencies and types of controls.
• Lead and participate in QA reviews, executing testing, analyzing results, communicating findings to management, and obtaining corresponding action plans.
• Ensure compliance with the requirements of applicable policies, procedures, and governing documents.
• Drive consistent view of risks, gaps and necessary mitigation actions resulting from quality assurance activities by partnering with key Finance staff.
• Engage with Finance leadership and other stakeholders to effectively and proactively influence policies and standards impacting Finance. Developing internal guidance based on enterprise policies and standards to ensure consistent and appropriate application across the Finance organization.
• Communicating and engaging with Finance Directorates to develop buy-in.
• Bachelor’s degree and 5-10 years of relevant governance, risk, control, and management experience, specifically in areas of accounting and finance in a large, fast-paced, results-oriented organization with a demonstrated history of success.
• Experience in performing risk assessments, evaluating, documenting and testing internal control environment, developing and producing meaningful metric reporting.
• Ability to identify root causes for recurring issues identified during the QA process.
• Effective partnering skills enabling navigation of the complexities associated with aligning stakeholders, building consensus and resolving conflicts; proven ability to influence peers/stakeholders and representatives across multiple groups.
• Ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear and concise manner orally and in writing. Capability to influence the opinions and actions of key stakeholders and gain their trust. Experience in effectively interacting with senior management.
• Highly developed project-management skills; ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
• Keen attention to detail and thoroughness when performing work.
• Strong decision-making qualities; proven ability to lead others, manage and develop team members.
• Strong PC literacy in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and other financial management systems.
• CPA, CGFM, MBA preferred.
Starting $96,523 (commensurate with experience)
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job