Qualitative Research Assistant
About the organization
Integrate Health (IH) is a rapidly growing global health organization working to serve remote communities in West Africa and New York. We believe that access to healthcare is a human right, and we are committed to making this a reality in the countries in which we work. Integrate Health works alongside governments and the local community to implement and study an integrated approach to strengthening primary healthcare delivery in order to achieve universal health coverage. By integrating professional Community Health Workers with improved care in public clinics, this approach creates a patient-centered health system that is accountable to the community and dramatically reduces mortality in severely resource-limited settings. For more information on Integrate Health, please visit www.integratehealth.org.
We are seeking a Qualitative Research Assistant who will support our Research team. They will work with staff at Integrate Health, most closely with the Research & Grants Manager, to complete various qualitative research projects.
1. Data analysis & interpretation
• Use rigorous qualitative methods to analyze interview transcripts and other data sources
• Develop templates for analysis of qualitative data
• Analyze and summarize qualitative data
• Support the development of matrices
• Write analytic memos and support interpretation of findings
2. Dissemination of findings
• Develop slide decks and other written reports for internal dissemination
• Contribute to conference abstracts and manuscripts
3. Project coordination
• Develop protocols for data analysis
• Manage data and project documents in shared folders (Dropbox)
• Initiate and schedule team meetings to discuss project progress and interpretation
• Manage project timelines and support strategies to meet deadlines
What Are We Looking For?
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Some qualitative research experience (1-2 years)
• Excellent, demonstrated writing skills
• Excellent, demonstrated presentation skills
• A deep commitment to anti-racist, anti-sexist, anti-neocolonial ideals
The ideal candidate is a sound communicator, self-directed, and professional. They are a team player who enjoys collaborating with a passionate and growing team. The Qualitative Research Assistant may have varied skills or interests not captured within this job description: we want to cultivate your skills to complement our team of self-starters.
What will get us excited?
• Some French language ability
• Experience with rapid qualitative or template analysis methods
• Experience with qualitative research software (Dedoose, NVivo, Atlas.ti)
• Knowledge of implementation research and/or determinants frameworks
• Knowledge of or experience in global health
Contact email: [email protected]
Please submit a resume and responses to the three questions below to [email protected] with “Qualitative Research Assistant” in the subject line.
1. Why are you interested in this position?
2. What is one reason you think you’d be a good fit for this position?
3. What is one strength you would bring to this position?
Please keep total question responses to a maximum of one page. The application deadline is rolling. Interested applicants are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job