QA/Data Validation - MIS Specialist
About the organization
Since 1971, SER Metro-Detroit has consistently maintained a high-performance record in the skills training and placement of consumers into unsubsidized employment in the private sector and in providing employers with a diverse, qualified workforce. The means by which our mission of cultivating a qualified, skilled and adaptable workforce for metropolitan Detroit and the global economy is reflected in our name: Service, Employment, and Redevelopment. SER Metro-Detroit works to give each consumer of services the resources needed to create a life of self-sufficiency and self-fulfillment. SER program mix includes: literacy and education, job readiness skills training, occupational skills training, vocational skills training, job seeker and employer services, welfare reform programming, economic and community development, employment, and extensive youth programming. The services delivery system includes the active participation of the public and private sectors, education, and government.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Enters participant activity and other data into the One Stop Management Information System (OSMIS) and internal reporting system; ensures accuracy of data entered. Communicates with staff, partner agencies and the Detroit Employment Solutions Corporation (DESC) to share and/or request participant information.
2. Participates in the maintenance of an up-to-date automated reporting system to track and verify attendance, grading, graduation/program completion and placement status.
3. Reconciles and validates reports with related data files/sources; reports errors and corrections to management.
4. Supports the Career Center Manager to ensure seamless operation of Career Center management information and filing systems according to policies and procedures established by Detroit Employment Solutions Corporation.
5. Compiles program statistics and performance data and prepares related reports for submission.
6. Monitors and completes internal audits of Career Center files for accuracy and completeness.
7. Communicates with staff to ensure consistent and accurate reporting of participation activity.
8. Provides on-going technical assistance to staff as needed.
9. Contributes to the team effort by performing other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: NONE
1. Bachelor’s degree preferred or combination of work and education. Experience in workforce development programs preferred.
2. Two to three years of relevant work experience in auditing and/or data management.
3. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access).
4. Knowledge of local workforce development databases including OSMIS and LaunchPad application preferred.
5. Analytical ability to identify and resolve reporting errors.
6. Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate with staff and partner agencies.
7. Mental ability to handle pressures related to meeting deadlines and performing repetitive tasks requiring concentration and attention to detail.
8. Ability to function independently and as a team member.
9. Bilingual language skills preferred.
10. Must possess and provide a valid Michigan Driver's License.
11. Must be willing to work a flexible schedule and have access to reliable transportation to commute to various locations.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This job operates in a normal office environment with little discomfort due to noise, dirt, dust and the like. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Contact email: [email protected]
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must submit resume and cover letter to [email protected] Please include full name and specify job position of interest in subject line.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job