Pupil Accounting Specialist
About the organization
Since 1971, SER Metro-Detroit has consistently maintained a high-performance record in the skills training and placement of consumers into unsubsidized employment in the private sector and in providing employers with a diverse, qualified workforce. The means by which our mission of cultivating a qualified, skilled and adaptable workforce for metropolitan Detroit and the global economy is reflected in our name: Service, Employment, and Redevelopment. SER Metro-Detroit works to give each consumer of services the resources needed to create a life of self-sufficiency and self-fulfillment. SER program mix includes: literacy and education, job readiness skills training, occupational skills training, vocational skills training, job seeker and employer services, welfare reform programming, economic and community development, employment, and extensive youth programming. The services delivery system includes the active participation of the public and private sectors, education, and government.
• Oversight of the District’s Pupil Accounting Department (Including all submissions, audits, reports, etc.)
• Understands all aspects of the student management systems (FileMaker, PowerSchool and Apex Learning)
• Conducts and coordinates all student enrollment responsibilities including new enrollments, drops, data entry, immunizations, UIC numbers, transportation, food service, etc.
• Reviews residency issues
• Maintains and processes in and out of district transfer requests
• Conducts and processes weekly student enrollment data and reports
• Completes all MICR (Michigan Care Improvement Registry) for immunization reporting
• Attendance at local, regional and state-wide meetings and conferences as required
• Recommends policies, procedures and/or actions for the purpose of providing direction for meeting the District’s student management system’s needs
• Composes reports, memos, letters, procedures, manuals etc. for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference and conveying information regarding all aspects of the position
• Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the district’s student management system
• Bachelor Degree in a related field
• 3-5 years of experience in Pupil Accounting or school based reporting.
• Proficiency in PowerSchool for student management
• Demonstrates knowledge of pupil accounting regulations
• Knowledge of the McKinney-Vento Act preferred
• Knowledge of foster care student requirements
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access) and online sourcing tools with functional knowledge of internet use for search platforms.
• Exceptional interpersonal communication, computer and organizational skills
• Demonstrates proficiency in the use of office equipment
• Must possess the ability to prioritize assignments, multi-task, meet and manage deadlines
• Demonstrates proficiency in creating Excel spreadsheets
• Demonstrates the ability to manage and train office staff
• Ability to interact with students, parents and staff in a positive and productive manner.
• Ability to correspond clear and concise information both written and orally
• Ability to perform duties with fidelity in accordance with the District’s policies and applicable laws
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
$52,000 - $60,000
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job