Public Affairs Specialist
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
About the organization
Protecting human health and the environment since 1970.
The Communications Branch in EPA's Office of Chemical Safety and Pollution Prevention is looking for new staff to develop communications for major announcements, respond to external parties, manage web and social media content, and much more.
Interested candidates should do two things. First, email your resume and proof of non-competitive eligibility to [email protected] Second, apply to the USAJobs vacancy announcement at https://www.usajobs.gov/job/653929400.
Candidates applying in May and June 2022 are encouraged to apply to the USAJobs announcement by June 16, which is our first cutoff date. However, we encourage you to apply even if you miss the June 16 cutoff.
This is being posted as both an entry level and mid-career opportunity. Applications from candidates at all career phases will be considered. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The ideal candidate would possess the following skills, knowledge, and abilities:
• Ability to write and edit for the public using plain language.
• A strong leader of people who can work harmoniously with colleagues to achieve results.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to work quickly and meet short deadlines.
• Ability to develop relationships across a large organization and build networks that increase productivity.
• Experience developing web or social media content.
• Graphic design expertise.
• Video experience.
• Prior experience in an external communications shop writing press releases and responding to media inquiries.
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job