Psychiatric - Mental Health Nurse Educator
Seed Global Health
About the organization
Seed Global Health educates a rising generation of health professionals to strengthen access to quality care, in order to improve health and save lives. Founded in 2012, Seed works with local in-country partners to strengthen health systems by building human resource capacity for healthcare education and delivery. We play a unique role in a broader global health agenda, supporting the long-term education and training of healthcare professionals and health educators. Seed places skilled and qualified physicians, nurses, and midwives in visiting faculty roles for a minimum of one academic year at partner institutions in Malawi and Uganda. Our educators contribute to building the capacity of future practitioners and their clinics, communities, and country health systems. Working with local partners to teach critical skills that will ultimately improve health care outcomes.
Seed Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Educators enhance classroom, skills/simulation lab, and clinical education at the bachelor level. Clinical education may take place in the acute care setting and/or community environment.
• support the continued professional development of in-service staff
• enhance advocacy efforts
• help revise national policies and strategies on mental health care
• review the BSc in Mental Health Psychiatric Nursing curriculum
For more detailed position descriptions go to: https://seedglobalhealth.org/apply
To be eligible to serve with Seed Global Health as a Psychiatric – Mental Health Nurse Educator, you must at minimum, have:
• An active RN license in the United States
• An advanced degree in nursing
• At least 3-5 years clinical experience as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse
• Experience as a nurse educator in the classroom, skills/simulation lab and/or clinical (including community) setting with bachelors and/or masters- level students
• Experience working with underserved populations internationally with demonstrated cultural competence
• Ability to meet licensing criteria and obtain appropriate clinical licenses in your placement country
• Be legally authorized to work in the United States
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job