Equal Access International
About the organization
Equal Access International (EAI) – a non-governmental organization (NGO) headquartered in Washington, D.C. – partners with communities around the world to co-create sustainable solutions utilizing community engagement and participatory media and technology. With funding from bi-laterals, multi-laterals, foundations, and individual donors, EAI has a 17-year record of accomplishment implementing social change projects and currently operates in Afghanistan, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chad, Kenya, Mali, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, and the Philippines.
•Develops the proposal development packet for kick off, including the proposal development calendar
•Organizes and leads all preparatory meetings
•Manage the proposal process through all phases to ensure submission of high quality, compliant and competitive proposals while ensuring strict adherence to deadlines
•Develops, in collaboration with the proposal team, technical and cost volume outlines, writing assignments, compliance matrices and layout and style protocols
•Collects and submits proposal team questions to the client
•Assist the New Business Development Team Leader in facilitating design sessions that result in agreed upon program design responsive to the procurement document
•Arranges Rainbow team reviews; assembles relevant documents for the reviews
•Reviews Technical and Cost Volumes, including annexes; conducts re-writes and substantial technical editing as required
•Holds regular checkpoint meetings with proposal team to ensure adherence to schedule, check quality and compliance of response, surface potential problems early
•Ensures overall proposal responsiveness to, and compliance with, the solicitation
•Oversees preparation of the proposal for final delivery to the client
•Monitor donor databases and websites daily to identify new funding opportunities, donor funding trends and relevant country information to position the organization for new funding and growth
•Maintain department trackers, databases and other BD reports
• Bachelor’s Degree in International Development, International Affairs, Public Policy or another relevant field required.
• 4 years’ experience working in business development/proposal management, with a focus on procurements issued by US Government Agencies such as USAID and the Department of State. Additional experience in the management of proposals for other non-US donors such as the World Bank, the UK Department for International Development (DFID), or with international development organizations is a plus.
• Experience with proposal coordination and meeting facilitation.
• Proven writing skills supporting competitive proposals.
• Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills in English required.
• Ability to be proactive, manage multiple priorities, and meet tight deadlines required.
• Willingness to travel internationally, if needed.
• Fluency in a second language desired; French preferred
Contact email: [email protected]
Please see the link to application for full details of duties and responsibilities.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job