Property Account Executive GS-1101-09-11 (Targeted GS-11)
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
About the organization
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s Office of Multifamily Housing has transitioned to a new business model. To balance the workload and ensure effectiveness of the new model, HUD is seeking talented, career driven professionals that are pursuing a challenging and rewarding career within the federal government. Multifamily Housing staff work with private sector owners and developers of apartments complexes to create safe, healthy, and affordable living conditions to over 1.4 million Americans at over 23,000 properties. At HUD you can build a career in real estate development and property asset management.
As an Account Executive, you will:
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are properly observed, all transactions are conducted with authorized personnel, all records and contracts are complete and up to date, and all customer position limits/risk tolerances are observed.
- Participate in team discussions, prepare reports for management, represent the Department in discussions with key stakeholders, and provide lender profiles/summaries on an “as needed” basis.
- Review and analyze property-level financial statements, including monthly accounting reports and other property financial data.
- Responsible for maintaining individual project timelines as they relate to the management plan goals.
- Serve as HUD’s primary point of contact for projects assigned for owners/management agents, tenants, Federal, State and local governmental agencies, congressional interests, other external organizations and senior level managers.You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
For GS-9: you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-7 grade level in the Federal service. For GS-11: you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-09 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes:
To be qualified for this position at the GS-09 level, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-07 level. This experience is defined as:
- Working in government assistance programs or commercial real estate; or
- Managing a portfolio of grants, loans or properties; AND
- Working with government programs monitoring compliance or funding that provides assistance to private or business entities.
- Collecting and researching data program compliance;
- Coordinating activities that involve multiple grants, loans or program activities;
- Reviewing and coordinating reports and requests to make sure they meet standards of program compliance
- Preparing work papers to include Excel Spreadsheet analysis; AND
- Providing audit or evaluative reports.
A four year college degree program or its equivalent in experience training. Or Master's or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.B. or J.D., if related you may qualify by a combination of experience and education.
Contact email: [email protected]
For more information and to apply, email your resume, short cover letter (indicate location preference), and documentation of Peace Corps Description Of service/certification of noncompetitive eligibility to [email protected]
Organization web site: http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/program_offices/housing/mfh
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply