Project Monitoring Coordinator
Eden Reforestation Projects
About the organization
Eden Reforestation Projects (Eden) is a 501c3 non-profit whose mission is to provide fair wage employment to people living in extreme poverty to produce, plant, and protect native species seedlings until the young trees collectively mature into healthy forest systems.
Eden is an organization that inspires growth and challenges people. You can expect to work with a team that is committed to the mission of planting trees and saving lives.
As the organization continues to experience rapid growth, we are looking for people who are passionate about reforestation and poverty alleviation. Apply today to help transform lands and lives with Eden.
The Project Monitoring Coordinator (PMC) will work closely with our country-level monitoring teams to support monitoring and evaluation of reforestation projects. The PMC will coordinate the delivery, management, and analysis of monitoring data.
Reforestation Site Inventory
• Manage Eden’s project database and regularly map new and potential reforestation sites
• Create and manage site profiles summarizing unique features for each reforestation site
• Coordinate with international teams to organize and track the development of potential planting sites from each nation to ensure that reforestation projects are ready for future partnerships
• Provide polygon maps and GPS photo verification support for partner groups as needed by the Development Dept.
• Coordinate the collection, management, and analysis of monitoring data and track progress towards completion of reforestation projects
• Conduct business partner reports
• Provide technical support to in-country monitoring teams to facilitate forest inventory and socioeconomic surveys
• Assist in maintaining and monitoring project schedules
• Organizing and participating in monitoring meetings with international teams
• Documenting and following up on necessary actions and decisions from meetings
• Coordinating monitoring needs and project support for international teams
• Ensuring project deadlines are met and communicating field challenges to the Development Dept.
• Bachelor of Science or 3+ Years of Relevant Experience
• Excellent proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Apps
• Experience with mapping software such as Google Earth, QGIS, and ArcMap a plus
• Foreign language skills a plus
• Experience working with diverse groups and communicating effectively
• Willingness to travel
$50,000 - $60,000/year
Contact email: [email protected]
Please include a cover letter with resume.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job