Project Manager, Vaccine Acceptance & Demand
Sabin Vaccine Institute
About the organization
Our mission is to make vaccines more accessible, enable innovation and expand immunization across the globe. We seek a future free from vaccine-preventable diseases. We are an innovative, collaborative and engaged team that values accountability, teamwork, partnership and driving impact. We are vaccine champions improving lives through immunization. Sabin staff, management and Board of Trustees are committed to developing a diverse, equitable and inclusive team.
The Project Manager is central to supporting Sabin’s Vaccine Acceptance and Demand initiative, which focuses on strengthening confidence in vaccines in low- and middle-income countries by supporting research to better understand the drivers of vaccine acceptance and exploring interventions to improve it. We provide platforms for an exchange of knowledge about vaccine acceptance and ensure that community gatekeepers – principally journalists and health workers – are equipped to communicate credible, evidence-based information about vaccines and immunization. Projects range in scope from drafting contracts and agreements to developing workplans and monitoring milestones to managing relationships with external partners to name a few. The Project Manager will work in close coordination with colleagues across the organization and at various levels, including executive. To be effective, under the leadership of the Vice President, the Project Manager will help establish strategic plans, deliver on project activities/objectives and support project operations. The Manager will have seven plus years of non-profit experience, preferably in global and/or public health and be motivated by Sabin’s mission.
• 7+ years relevant work experience, including heavy project and grant management experience
• Demonstrated skill in developing and managing project work plans and budgets, as well as stakeholder relationships
• Experience initiating and implementing monitoring and evaluation tools
• Experience using MS Project and/or other project management tools
• Works across the organization, building strong relationships with colleagues and able to manage their expectations
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills; capacity for people management
• Assertive, entrepreneurial orientation; innovative
• Strong attention to detail, ability to manage complex tasks, highly organized, dependable and able to prioritize competing demands to meet deadlines
• Ability to be flexible and optimistic
• Commitment to furthering Sabin’s mission
• Ability to travel with notice, pending COVID-19 pandemic travel restrictions
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Sabin Vaccine Institute has a generous benefits package (see https://www.sabin.org/careers/employee-benefits).
To be considered, please submit your cover letter and resume via e-mail. Please be sure to reference “Project Manager, Vaccine Acceptance & Demand” in the subject line. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Your cover letter should: (1) address the reasons for your interest in this position; and, (2) describe the knowledge, skills and abilities you would bring the Sabin Vaccine Institute. No phone calls, please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job