Project Manager - Denver Day Works
About the organization
Our mission is to create Hope, Opportunity and Choice, with work as the means through which people with disabilities and other barriers to employment can more fully participate in the mainstream of life.
Since 1969, we have changed the lives of thousands of individuals in the Denver community by providing employment training, assessment, coaching, placement, and supported employment. We believe that helping individuals gain self-reliance is foundational to the health of individuals, families, communities, and the economy of Colorado.
Bayaud Enterprises partners with the City of Denver Housing Stability Team (HOST) to conduct outreach and recruitment for a job readiness program, called Denver Day Works, for homeless individuals. The overall purpose of this program is to provide support services and job readiness that may lead to long term employment.
This position will work to form relationships in order to support our workers in their goals toward self-determination, offering options to seek longer term employment and resources/referrals to resources for permanent, stable housing.
This Coordinator position will bid, start up and oversee Day Works tasks and crews at various work locations; creating schedules, ensuring proper staffing, communicating with customers regarding their requests and guaranteeing quality work is provided to the customer. They will train our workers to ensure safe and proper use of tools, and processes. They act as working manager of the site, and are responsible for personnel, equipment, vehicles and all paperwork associated with each project/site. (eg. task order, bid, purchase order, receipts related to expenses, timely submission and accuracy of work logs and time punches by work)
• Serve as part of the CORE team within Bayaud Enterprises.
• Develop a good rapport with people experiencing poverty and/or homelessness and understand their hurdles caused by or exacerbated by these conditions.
• Connect participants with case managers for relevant health, food/nutrition and shelter resources using trauma informed practices.
• Keep progress notes and service data up to date in ELMO on a daily basis.
• Personal commitment to working within an integrated services model, with emphasis on employment as a key component to ending poverty and homelessness.
• Work collaboratively with a wide variety of constituents and adjust to multiple demands and shifting priorities.
• Receive work requests, gather information to create a bid, consult with Program Manager and submit bid and schedule for the work.
• Supervise all activities on the job site: training personnel to ensure safety and work quality, manage assets and equipment, ensure all needed supplies are on hand, communicates with the customer, our participants and DDW management as needed.
• Complete all paperwork required in a timely manner. (work logs and time cards are completed and recorded appropriately, take pictures/submit reports as required for each task, create notes and enters services in ELMO for each worker daily)
• Establish and maintain positive relationships with business/City partners
• Work cooperatively with Denver City employees as well as the general public.
$38K to $50K DOE
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job