All Hands and Hearts
About the organization
All Hands and Hearts effectively and efficiently addresses the immediate and long-term needs of communities impacted by natural disasters. We communicate directly with local leaders and community members and then deploy our unique model of engaging volunteers to enable direct impact, helping to build safer, more resilient schools, homes and infrastructure.
Through community and volunteer engagement, we focus on helping families recover faster after natural disasters using our Smart Response strategy. In doing so, we strengthen both our volunteers and the communities in which we serve.
- Develop the project scope-of-work, milestones, and detailed timeline and budget and track these accurately, updating the necessary tracking systems e.g. Salesforce, MS Project.
- In cooperation with the Program Director, oversee implementing the project whilst adhering to approved timeline and budget constraints.
- Establish and develop clear work and safety practices for the project and communicate these with site teams (Construction Site Coordinator, Site Supervisor, Site Supervisor Trainees, Masons and Team Leaders).
- Recruit and train project team members to ensure compliance with project standards in safety and work quality.
- Establish assessment criteria and manage and support the project team to carry out assessments and beneficiary selection processes to identify and implement additional projects.
- Continuously develop and evaluate the project scope, quality and impact, through a meaningful monitoring and evaluation framework.
- Provide supportive leadership, manage a diverse staff team, volunteers and local staff and empower them to carry out their work effectively and efficiently.
- Manage and support Logistics Coordinator to implement efficient procurement processes for the project sites. Design and oversee the process of hiring and vetting subcontractors and construction suppliers.
- Support the Community Coordinator in the implementation of renewal projects.
- Other duties as required.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field. Civil or structural engineering degree preferred.
- Related Experience: Must have a project management, as well as management experience in a professional setting. Must have technical experience working in construction. All Hands and Hearts experience preferable, but not required. Previous international travel in developing countries preferred.
- Special Competencies/Certifications: Spanish speaking preferred. Excellent written and oral communication skills and confident working with Google Suite, Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel and AutoCAD. Knowledge of MS Project is an advantage. Applicants need to be well organized and have a flexible approach to managing multiple tasks and prioritizing them appropriately. The individual is able to manage a large workload and perform in a fast-paced environment. Strong leadership skills with a proactive approach to identifying and solving problems. Needs a developed and clear management style.
- Work Environment/Conditions: Communal living environment. High stress situations.
Please apply via our website: https://allhandsandhearts.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=533
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job