California Land Stewardship Institute
About the organization
The California Land Stewardship Institute (CLSI) is a non-profit organization dedicated to planning and implementing environmental stewardship, restoration and enhancement programs and projects including educational activities, scientific studies, promotion of beneficial stewardship practices and resource conservation activities on private lands and waterways. The organization’s offices are located in Napa, California.
CLSI operates the Fish Friendly Farming (FFF) Environmental Certification Program in 9 counties in California and is currently developing a version of the program for the Delta. CLSI also has a Fish Friendly Ranching Program. CLSI recently developed a Climate Adaptation Certification for agriculture which will begin implementation in 2020.
• Completion of site assessments and farm plans for the Fish Friendly Farming Program. This program addresses water quality improvements and habitat restoration on properties with irrigated farmland.
• Coordinate workshops on invasive plant removal, native plant revegetation, water conservation, fire recovery, demonstration projects, and other topics as needed.
• Process various types of monitoring data and Draft Summary Reports; analyze for various features and trends.
• Assist other staff in completing stream flow gaging, discharge measurements, water quality and temperature monitoring and other field measurements.
• Contribute to the expansion and updating of our website
• Develop and manage other restoration projects as needed, including seeking permits and landowner approval.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative manner with private landowners
• Educational background and experience in soil science, hydrology, geomorphology, aquatic or riparian ecology or agricultural science. Minimum requirements are a B.A. or B.S.; M.A. or M.S a plus.
• Demonstrated experience in managing environmental projects
• Outstanding interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
• Maturity, integrity, and experience to gain the trust and confidence of private landowners, farmers, colleagues, and partners
• Results orientation, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously within budget and deadlines
• Strong sense of ethics and respect for confidentiality of information
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Commitment to working in a mission-driven, fast-paced environment
• Ability to operate with flexibility in times of change
• Confident public speaker
• Familiarity with North Bay and/or farming communities a plus
• Ability to work effectively and respectfully with a variety of constituencies
• Proficient with ArcGIS
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop preferred
• Own a car with valid driver’s license and insurance with ability to travel when necessary: driving is required throughout the North Bay
This is a full-time position with medical and dental benefits and a retirement plan. The salary for this position is commensurate with experience
Contact email: [email protected]
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time position with medical and dental benefits and a retirement plan. The salary for this position is commensurate with experience.
Please submit a resume via e-mail to Laurel Marcus, Executive Director at [email protected] by 10/21/19. Phone calls are discouraged.
The California Land Stewardship Institute is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. We are committed to diversity and consider all applicants for all positions without regard to color, ethnic background, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, and disability status.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job