Project Coordinator - VA/DoD Facilitator
M Powered Strategies
About the organization
Based in Washington, DC, MPS is an SBA-certified HUBZone Small Business, dedicated to empowering our clients through innovative change management services, with a focus on organizational effectiveness. Founded by a former Peace Corps volunteer, our consultants have served executives in the federal sector for over a decade, working on several high-profile initiatives. We pride ourselves on being experienced consultants, trusted advisers, and reliable partners. As a designated Employer of National Service, our core value is a commitment to public service.
Join one of the largest Health IT transformation programs in the US supporting the Veterans Administration’s (VA) Electronic Health Records Modernization Program (EHRM). The Project Coordinator will provide meeting facilitation for multiple technical and business stakeholders determining solutions that will meet joint requirements. In order to be successful, you must have the ability to work with a diverse group of stakeholders in order to coordinate program integration related tasks, set up and conduct meetings with the responsible parties, and provide polished, comprehensive outputs. You must be a quick learner in order to understand and contribute to this complex large-scale software integration program. This position will work on client site, in downtown Washington, D.C.
- At least 5 years of general management consulting experience, with at least 3 years of experience supporting/managing executive meetings and stakeholders
-Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, Systems or a related scientific, technical discipline
- Experience working with the federal government, specifically at the Department of Veterans Affairs or Department of Defense, especially supporting an IT project
- Experience in executive-level meeting facilitation (both in-person and virtual), including managing stakeholders, supporting effective collaboration, managing logistics, and providing comprehensive documentation (i.e. action item generation/tracking, meeting minutes, lessons learned)
- Experience managing working groups, integrating project teams, or other cross-organizational committees, as well as with highly technical discussions
- Ability to create concise, clear, and compelling briefing materials and polished deliverables within tight timelines and for multiple audiences
- Experience with all MS Office products, including MS Visio and PowerPoint to support process diagram development and presentation editing and formatting support
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job