Sheladia Associates, Inc.
About the organization
SHELADIA Associates is a multi-disciplinary international professional consulting firm with demonstrated experience in the successful management and implementation of development projects throughout the world. SHELADIA believes that practicality and sustainability in development projects require flexible resource management, active participation of all stakeholders, and a shared goal of strengthening institutions and operational systems to optimize the use of available resources.
The Assistant Project Manager will work with the International group on donor-funded international proposals and projects focused on improving transport systems and infrastructure worldwide to facilitate economic growth and alleviate poverty. The Assistant Project Manager will provide backstopping and administrative support to international projects, participate in proposal efforts, and assist in conducting research and technical assignments. The position will be based in Rockville, MD, and requires minimal international travel.
· Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Transportation Engineering, or relevant field;
· 0-3 years of relevant professional experience in the International sector, assisting the management of field teams on various projects that require knowledge on aspects relating to technical, administrative, contractual, business development, and client relations, specifically Roads, Highways, and Bridges;
· Ability to work in a team as well as on a self-directed basis;
· Strong analytical and communication abilities;
· Must have proven ability to multi-task, prioritize and provide support to management staff;
· Excellent writing skills;
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook);
· Ability to speak/ read/ write in a foreign language(s) in addition to English is a plus;
· Must have permanent US work authorization.
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job