Project Accountant, Rooted in Trust
About the organization
At Internews, we believe everyone deserves trustworthy news and information to make informed decisions about their lives and hold power to account. We train journalists and digital rights activists, tackle disinformation, and offer business expertise to help media outlets become financially sustainable. We do all of this in partnership with local communities – who are the people best placed to know what works.
We support independent media in 100 countries, from radio stations in refugee camps, to hyper-local news outlets, to individual activists and reporters. We’ve helped our partners reach millions of people with quality, local information that saves lives, improves livelihoods, and holds institutions accountable.
The Project Accountant, Rooted in Trust will provide financial and administrative support to the Rooted in Trust team and to the Finance Manager for Rooted in Trust. The Project Accountant will perform Accounts Payable, procurement, and data entry tasks, and help ensure that finance processes and procedures comply with donor requirements and Internews' internal processes and procedures.
- Prior experience and/or training in finance and accounting
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Demonstrated intermediate expertise in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- High degree of social adaptability and sensitivity to cultural differences
- Professional proficiency in English and/or French required; proficiency in Spanish, Portuguese and/or Arabic helpful but not required
- Familiarity with USG rules and regulations, particularly USAID and US Department of State, helpful but not required
- Prior experience working with an international NGO a plus
To apply, please submit CV and optionally a cover letter via our Careers page.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job